Alan Sorrenti

Started by Geno, January 08, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Alan Sorrenti (Naples, December 9, 1950) is an Italian singer-songwriter naturalized Welsh.  He has a sister, Jenny Sorrenti, herself a singer.

Born in Naples of a mother of Welsh origin and Neapolitan father, he began his career in the early seventies with the work closer to the progressive and experimental rock, where you can find the influence of Tim Buckley and Shawn Phillips, and possibly even Peter Hammill. In 1972 he released his first album Air: participating musicians exceptional project, among them Jean-Luc Ponty. Both Air (1972) that his second album, Like a censer old dawn of a deserted village (1973), have the same structure: the song that gives the title takes up an entire façade, and has a complex melodic structure and elaborate, with very dark lyrics.

The songs of the other facades have texts generally less hermetic and, from a musical point of view, they are less distant from the classic form of the melodic song. Particularly popular at the time, were I would like to meet you by Air and by Serenesse As a censer old dawn of a deserted village.

In 1975 he published a 45 success, Your roots Part I / Part II Your roots: the song, divided into two parts, remains unreleased on LP, and in 2002 Franco Battiato has recorded a cover in his Fleurs 3 albums.
  •  

Geno

Tu sei l'unica donna per me - Alan Sorrenti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB6mbexMGlw

You're the only woman for me (engraved also in English), which won him the Festivalbar, and that was the 45 best-selling in 1979 in Italy, which in the same year made his debut with the film shot by Carlo Vanzinas.
  •  

Geno

Non so' che darei - Alan Sorrenti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioGdbbqHnY

I do not know that I would give it a pop song written and recorded in 1980 by Alan Sorrenti, and forms part of the album at night .

With this song, Alan Sorrenti represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest 1980. Sorrenti in the same year introduced the song also Festivalbar, as a guest, and as a competitor to a disc for the summer.

The song was made by the same Alan Sorrenti also an English version entitled If You Need Me Now and on the B side of the 45s.

The single, released through Strand  and produced by Alan Sorrenti, Jay Graydon and Corrado Bacchelli, reached number one on the charts in Italy (where he was the third best-selling 45s of that 'years ) and the 3rd place of the charts in Switzerland
  •  

Geno

Figli delle stelle -  Alan Sorrenti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3jLS0vp24

Children of the stars is a pop-disco song written and performed by Alan Sorrenti, and extracted as a single from the album of the same name in 1977.

The song is one of the few examples of Italian disco music, actually sung in Italian, because so far the gender Italian groups had always sung in English.

The single was a commercial success in Italy, managing to oust from the first position of best sellers feeling that little Anna Oxa and staying at the top for a week, before leaving the place to Stayin 'Alive by the Bee Gees. In total the disc remained in the top ten for sixteen consecutive weeks, and turned out to be the eighth best-selling single of the year
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Ryszard

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

•