Gloria Gayner

Started by admin, March 04, 2017, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Gloria Gaynor (born September 7, 1949) is an American singer, best known for the disco era hits "I Will Survive" (Hot 100 number 1, 1979), "Never Can Say Goodbye" (Hot 100 number 9, 1974), "Let Me Know (I Have a Right)" (Hot 100 number 42, 1980) and "I Am What I Am" (R&B number 82, 1982).
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4GIljqr-A

"Can't Take My Eyes Off You" is a 1967 single credited to Frankie Valli. The song was among his biggest hits, earning a gold record and reaching No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 for a week, stuck behind "Windy" by The Association.[1] It was co-written by Bob Gaudio, a bandmate of Valli's in The Four Seasons. It was Valli's biggest solo hit until he hit #1 in 1974 with "My Eyes Adored You".[2]

"Can't Take My Eyes Off You" has had hundreds of cover versions, many of which have been on the charts in different countries. The song is a staple of television and film soundtracks, even being featured as part of the plot of some films, such as when the lead characters sing or arrange their own version of the song. The Valli version was also used by NASA as a wake-up song for a mission of the Space Shuttle, on the anniversary of astronaut Christopher Ferguson.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: peterm

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8C43r4zm0

I Am What I Am (in Italian: "I am what I am") is a song of Jerry Herman's music comes from the musical La Cage aux folles. It was originally sung by Gloria Gaynor in 1983.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSvNZWpXaM

"Never Can Say Goodbye" is a song written by Clifton Davis and originally recorded by The Jackson 5. The song was originally written and intended for the Supremes to record; however Motown decided the song would be better for the Jackson 5. Released as a single in 1971, it was one of the group's most successful songs. The song has been covered numerous times, most notably in 1974 by disco diva Gloria Gaynor and in 1987 by British pop group The Communards.

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkACVDFmeg

"I Will Survive" is a hit song first performed by American singer Gloria Gaynor, released in October 1978. It was written by Freddie Perren and Dino Fekaris. A top-selling song after its initial release, it has remained a popular disco anthem, as well as being certified platinum by the RIAA.

The song's lyrics describe the narrator's discovery of personal strength following an initially devastating breakup. It received heavy airplay in 1979, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and on the UK Singles Chart on consecutive weeks. The song is also frequently recalled as a symbol of female strength and as a gay anthem. In 2016, the Library of Congress deemed Gaynor's original recording to be "culturally, historically, or artistically significant" and selected it for preservation in the National Recording Registry.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSvNZWpXaM

"Never Can Say Goodbye" is a song written by Clifton Davis and originally recorded by The Jackson 5.

The song was originally written and intended for the Supremes to record; however Motown decided the song would be better for the Jackson 5. Released as a single in 1971, it was one of the group's most successful songs.

The song has been covered numerous times, most notably in 1974 by disco diva Gloria Gaynor and in 1987 by British pop group The Communards.
  •  

admin

Int - GLORIA GAYNOR - I WILL SURVIVE
  •  

admin

•  

admin

:s_cool:
  •