LondonBeat

Started by Ron Phillipchuk, May 18, 2017, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Phillipchuk

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Londonbeat is a British-American dance band who scored a number of pop and dance hits in the early 1990s. Band members are American Jimmy Helms (who also had a successful solo career and sang radio jingles for Radio Hallam and Hereward Radio in the UK);  Jimmy Chambers  (born 20 January 1946), from Trinidad, and Myles Kayne. Former members include multi-instrumentalist William Henshall (credited as Willy M); George Chandler (formerly a founding member and frontman of The Olympic Runners) and Marc Goldschmitz (subsequently a member of the band Leash).

Londonbeat's career started in the Netherlands where "There's a Beat Going On" reached the Top 10, and then "9 A.M (The Comfort Zone)" which subsequently became a modest success in the United Kingdom.

are best known for their song "I've Been Thinking About You", which hit Number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Hot Dance Music/Club Play charts in 1991, and for their close harmonies. Their follow-up single, "A Better Love", became a Billboard Hot 100 Top 20 hit, and they returned to Number 1 on the dance chart with "Come Back" (Hot 100 number 62).

A demo of "I've Been Thinking About You" surfaced on audio cassettes and circulated amongst record companies around the time Londonbeat released their début in 1988.

"I've Been Thinking About You" was originally intended for release on Speak. However, record labels advised the band to hold off releasing the song on their debut LP so that the band could, as labels said, "...find its footing; develop an audience".

The demo recording, originally completed in late 1987, is currently circulating on the Internet, and originally brought to public attention in a link on a German message board in 2006. German magazines, however, reported on the song just as Speak was being released in 1988.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGw3w_njQ4g

"I've Been Thinking About You" is a song by British-American band Londonbeat from their second studio album In the Blood (1990). It was released in October 1990 as the lead single from In the Blood.

It hit number-one on the US Billboard Hot 100  on April 13, 1991, having hit number two in the United Kingdom the previous year.  The song also topped the singles charts in Canada, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, and Australia as well.
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGw3w_njQ4g

A Request for a song up grade

Great song and Great song style
  •  

admin

:s_cool:
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •