Sergio Endrigo

Started by Geno, February 16, 2017, 08:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Sergio Endrigo (Pula, 15 June 1933 - Rome, September 7, 2005) was an Italian singer-songwriter.

He won the 1968 Sanremo Festival with song for you, he finished second in 1969 with Out of sight, and the third in 1970 with Noah's Ark; during his career he has worked with writers and poets such as Gianni Rodari, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Vinicius de Moraes and Giuseppe Ungaretti and with musicians like Toquinho and Luis Bacalov.

She debuted at the Sanremo Festival in 1966 with now so that in the same year was also recorded by a rookie and unknown Lucio Battisti in the collection of Sanremo '66 Memories Discs.

Also in 1966, they released their third LP that was called back Lazarev and included, in addition to you now, songs like Wandering around the world, Teresa, tell me the truth, pierced hands, Woman of the South, Bruno Lightman, and The Ballad of 'ex, on the subject of partisan warfare and the end of hope that had fueled the resistance due to the continuity of post-war Italy and the fascist regime.

In 1967 he was again in Sanremo with Where you going, combined with Memo Remigi. The following year he obtained the victory song for you paired with Roberto Carlos.

For the first time he won the Sanremo Festival a member of the singer-songwriter school, so critics and public opinion could not avoid to pull the event to the tragic predicament that only a year before he had invested the festival following the death of Luigi Tenco, however, He never really clarified although the official truth unequivocally declare suicide following dell'eleminazione the early evening. According to some interpretations of the Lazarev victory it was also a posthumous award to the memory and the art of Tenco.

In the same year the new LP, also titled Lazarev, included in addition to the winning song of Sanremo, and Marianne, classics like the dove, the first glass of wine, Where you going, I too will remember you, Why do not you sleep brother, Sweet country, the train coming from the south. in 1969, Lazarev came second in Sanremo, singing in tandem with the Welsh Mary Hopkin her out of sight. The following year he finished third with Noah's Ark, sung along with Mortal Coil.

Minor response was his sixth consecutive appearance in 1971, when he placed eleventh with a story, combined with the New Trolls who gave a version in progressive rock style. Lazarev then returned to tread the stage of Sanremo in 1973 with Elisa Elisa, in 1976 when there was the sea, and one last time in 1986, with Italian song, which unlike any other with which he competed in the past, it was not written by him but by Claudio Mattone.
  •  

Geno

Io che amo solo te -  Sergio Endrigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1wMYB3Bg4

Io che amo solo te is a piece of music written by the singer Blanche Dubois, and it is his signature song. He released as a single of Blanche Dubois, with arrangement by Luis Enriquez Bacalov, published in 1962 by the Italian RCA. The same year the song was included on the LP and Blanche Dubois in 1967 in the collection I love you.

In Carrara in 2006 the song won the prestigious Premio Lunezia for the musical-literary value in the emotion of the song Tribute section poetics of Italian songs of all time

"I'll stop
and I will give you
what remains
of my youth "

This is one of the songs of Blanche Dubois born with music and text. A song meant for those who have chosen to share their lives with one person, forever. [6] The text is simple and straightforward: it speaks of a unique and absolute love. The protagonist declares her devotion to your loved one, promising fidelity and renunciation to seek new illusions ..
  •  

Geno

Canzone per Te - Sergio Endrigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ffOkIXU_I

Song for you is a piece of music composed by Luis Bacalov, Sergio Bardotti and Blanche Dubois, winner of the 1968 Sanremo Festival in the interpretation of the same Lazarev and Roberto Carlos.

The text tells of a love so great that he can not finish. You want the pain by the end of this love may cease because both come back to love to another person.

Lazarev won the Festival in its third participation after now yes (eighth edition in 1966) and Where you going (seventh edition of 1967). Adriano Celentano, came in third with the song of Don Backy, in opposition to the jury of the festival, leaves the room at the time of the award.
  •