Gipsy Kings - La Bamba

Started by kastelfan, August 11, 2009, 06:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kastelfan

Hi !
Attached please find : Gipsy Kings - La Bamba song style.

Or was originally performed by Los Lobos ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4f75F1YbJ8

Have a nice day !

Bogdan

•  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil

Rolf

•  

HansKr

•  

pamela

Thank you so much Bogdan, Having seen this fantastic group perform makes me appreciate your style, We had a front circle seat and when we looked down, everybody was up on their feet dancing like in your video,absolutely stunning to see them in the flesh,such boundless energy...Pam ;)
  •  

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

:06: Wow Really good music from this Band i love this music
1= Baila Me
2= Bamboleo
3= Gipsy Kings Medley
4= Volare

The Gipsy Kings are a group of flamenco, salsa and pop musicians from Arles and Montpellier (in the south of France), who perform in the Spanish language with an Andalusian accent. Although group members were born in France, their parents were mostly gitanos, Berber-Moroccan and Spanish gypsies who fled Catalonia during the 1930s Spanish Civil War.

They are known for bringing Catalan rumba, a pop-oriented music distantly derived from traditional flamenco music, to worldwide audiences. The group originally called itself Los Reyes.
Their music has a particular rumba flamenca style, with pop influences; many songs of the Gipsy Kings fit social dances, such as salsa and rumba. Their music has been described as a place where "Spanish flamenco and gypsy rhapsody meet salsa funk".
  •  

montage

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2imepmjQSg

"Bamboléo" is an internationally Spanish language song by The Gipsy Kings in 1987 appearing in their eponymous album. The writing credits are Tonino Baliardo, Chico Bouchikhi (J. Bouchikhi) and Nicolas Reyes and arrangements by Dominique Perrier.

The now iconic song has been a worldwide hit for the Gipsy Kings and has been covered by tens of artists. It has also been translated into a great number of languages. There are also instrumental arrangements, samplings and adaptations.

Since January 2014, "Bamboléo Wednesday" has become a feature on The Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1 in the United Kingdom, which involves the playing of the record. In particular, the so-titled "clappy bit" in the instrumental is the regular feature.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bltgVpxNglY

Greatest Hits is a best of album by the French Rumba Catalana band Gipsy Kings, which was released in 1994 in Europe.

More than a simple compilation of previous albums, it also includes the 1992 single "Pida Me La", a studio release of "Galaxia", "Allegria" and "La Dona" (previously released live on Allegria), a more energetic release of "Vamos a Bailar" from the LP version and the popular party Medley (consisting of a mix of Bamboleo, Volare, Djobi Djoba, Pida Me La and Baila Me].
The Japanese edition of this album includes an extra track, "Este Mundo" (from the album Este Mundo) as track #18 (the "Medley" is track #19).

A similar compilation, The Best of the Gipsy Kings, was released a year later in the U.S.; it has a different song order and replaces "Pida Me La", "A Mi Manera", "Tu Quieres Volver", "Soy", "La Quiero" and "Allegria" with "Viento Del Arena", "Quiero Saber", "Montaña", "Trista Pena", "Love & Liberté" and the previously unreleased "A Tu Vera". Also, while "La Dona" and "Galaxia" on the Greatest Hits album are the studio versions, the ones on The Best of the Gipsy Kings are live versions. The song "Escucha Me" is also slightly different.
  •  

montage

•  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil