Main Menu

Animals

Started by kastelfan, February 19, 2009, 10:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kastelfan

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Animals were an English rock band of the 1960s, formed in Newcastle upon Tyne, during the early part of the decade. The band moved to London upon finding fame in 1964. The Animals were known for their gritty, bluesy sound and deep-voiced frontman Eric Burdon, as exemplified by their signature song and transatlantic No. 1 hit single, "The House of the Rising Sun", as well as by hits such as "We Gotta Get out of This Place", "It's My Life", "I'm Crying" and "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood". The band balanced tough, rock-edged pop singles against rhythm and blues-oriented album material. They were known in the US as part of the British Invasion.

The Animals underwent numerous personnel changes in the mid-1960s and suffered from poor business management. Under the name Eric Burdon and the Animals, the much-changed act moved to California and achieved commercial success as a psychedelic and hard rock band with hits like "San Franciscan Nights", "When I Was Young" and "Sky Pilot", before disbanding at the end of the decade.  Altogether, the group had ten Top Twenty hits in both the UK Singles Chart and the US Billboard Hot 100.

The original lineup of Burdon, Alan Price, Chas Chandler, Hilton Valentine and John Steel reunited for a one off benefit concert in their home city of Newcastle in 1968. They later had brief comebacks in 1975 and 1983. There have been several partial regroupings of the original era members since then under various names. The Animals were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sB3Fjw3Uvc

T5

The House of the Rising Sun" is a traditional folk song, sometimes called "Rising Sun Blues". It tells of a life gone wrong in New Orleans; many versions also urge a sibling to avoid the same fate. The most successful commercial version, recorded in 1964 by the British rock group the Animals, was a number one hit on the UK Singles Chart and also in the United States and Canada.  As a traditional folk song recorded by an electric rock band, it has been described as the "first folk-rock hit".
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwN0X8YnWo

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is a song written by Bennie Benjamin, Gloria Caldwell and Sol Marcus for the jazz singer and pianist Nina Simone, who first recorded it in 1964. "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" has been covered by many artists, most notably by The Animals, whose blues rock version of the song became a huge transatlantic hit in 1965. A 1977 four-on-the-floor disco rearrangement by disco group Santa Esmeralda was also a hit. In September 2015, a cover of the song appeared on Lana Del Rey's fourth studio album Honeymoon.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

We Gotta Get out of This Place, of ook wel We've Gotta Get out of This Place,  is een liedje geschreven door Barry Mann en Cynthia Weil. Het werd voor het eerst opgenomen door de Britse popgroep The Animals in 1965 en werd een grote hit, vooral in het Verenigd Koninkrijk. Het nummer was mateloos populair bij de Amerikaanse strijdkrachten tijdens de Vietnamoorlog.

In 2004 behaalde het nummer de 233e plaats in de lijst The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time van het tijdschrift Rolling Stone. Het staat ook in de lijst 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll van de Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
  •  

ludo willems

•  

astor

•