Eric Carmen

Started by montage, May 03, 2017, 01:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Eric Howard Carmen (born August 11, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist and keyboardist.

He scored numerous hit songs across the 1970s and 1980s, first as a member of the Raspberries (who had a million-selling single with "Go All the Way"), and then with his solo career, including hits such as "All by Myself," "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again," "She Did It," "Hungry Eyes," and "Make Me Lose Control.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssCL292DQA

Hungry Eyes" is a song performed by American artist Eric Carmen, a former member of the band Raspberries, and was featured in the film Dirty Dancing.

The song was recorded at Beachwood Studios in Beachwood, Ohio in 1987. "Hungry Eyes" peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and #3 on the Cash Box Top 100 in 1988. The song was not released commercially in the UK, but it managed to peak at #82 in January 1988, having charted purely on import sales.

Songwriters Franke Previte and John DeNicola wrote the song, as well as another hit from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, "(I've Had) The Time of My Life".
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3j_fdSpkmE

"All by Myself" is a song by American artist Eric Carmen released in 1975. The verse is based on the second movement (Adagio sostenuto) of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Opus 18. The chorus is borrowed from the song "Let's Pretend", which Carmen wrote and recorded with the Raspberries in 1972.

The song was the first released on Carmen's first solo LP after leaving the power pop group the Raspberries and was released as the first single in December 1975, to great acclaim. It reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, number 1 on Cash Box Top 100 Singles and number 3 in Canada.

The single sold more than one million copies in the United States and was certified gold by the RIAA in April 1976.  "All By Myself" was Carmen's first of eight US Top 40 hits. In the UK, however, this was his only Top 40 success, peaking at number 12. In a 2006 poll for UK's Five programme Britain's Favourite Break-up Songs, Eric Carmen's version of this song was voted seventeenth.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: astor, luisil