Alicia Bridges

Started by Ron Phillipchuk, March 25, 2017, 10:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Phillipchuk

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]
Alicia Bridges (born July 15, 1953) is an American singer who co-wrote and performed her international hit "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)" in 1978.

Alicia Bridges was born in Lawndale, North Carolina, a small town in Cleveland County. She sang from a very young age and learned to play guitar at the age of 10. At the age of 12 she had her own radio program, The Alicia Bridges Show, broadcast every Saturday on station WADA in Shelby, North Carolina. Occasionally she would sing on the show but has said what she is most proud of is that she "ran all the dials, the turntables, cued the records and made all the announcements live on the air".[citation needed]
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAurdHLNzU

"I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)" is a popular disco song recorded by Alicia Bridges in 1978. It went to number two for two weeks on the disco chart.  The song crossed over to the pop and soul charts peaking at number five on the Billboard pop charts, and number thirty-one on the soul chart.

"I Love the Nightlife" (also "Night Life") was successful in Europe as well.
The song was co-written by Alicia Bridges and Susan Hutcheson in 1977 for Bill Lowery, founder of Southern Music.

In 1994, the song gained renewed interest after being featured in the film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. The song was also re-released on the Australian charts, where it was a modest success. Because of its association with the film, the song is closely linked with gay culture. It was remixed for this release. [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]
  •  

witte123

•  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil