Moody Blues

Started by montage, June 05, 2017, 03:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Moody Blues are an English rock band. They first came to prominence playing rhythm and blues music, but their second album, Days of Future Passed, which was released in 1967, was a fusion of rock with classical music and established them as pioneers in the development of art rock and progressive rock.

It has been described as a "landmark" and "one of the first successful concept albums".

They became known internationally with singles including "Go Now", "Nights in White Satin", "Tuesday Afternoon" and "Question". They have been awarded 18 platinum and gold discs. Their album sales total 70 million.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8

"Nights in White Satin" is a 1967 single by the Moody Blues, written and composed by Justin Hayward and first featured as the segment "The Night" on the album Days of Future Passed. When first released in 1967, the song reached number 19 on the UK Singles Chart and number 103 in the United States in early 1968.

It was the first significant chart entry by the team since "Go Now" and its recent lineup change, in which Denny Laine had resigned and both Hayward and John Lodge had joined.

Upon its 1972 reissue, the single hit number two – for two weeks – on the Billboard Hot 100 (behind "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash) and hit number one on the Cash Box Top 100 in the United States.

It earned a gold certification for sales of over a million U.S. copies. It also hit number one in Canada. In the wake of its American success, the song recharted in the U.K. in late 1972 and climbed to number nine. The song was released yet again in 1979, and charted for a third time in the U.K. – peaking at number 14
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_J-hmyAS6c

"I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" is a 1973 hit single by the English progressive rock band The Moody Blues. It was first released in 1972 as the final track on the album Seventh Sojourn. "I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" was later released as a single in 1973, with "For My Lady" on the B-side. It was the second single released from Seventh Sojourn, with the first being "Isn't Life Strange" (also written by John Lodge).

"I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" was written by the Moody Blues' bassist John Lodge, who won an ASCAP songwriting award for it. It is one of John Lodge's signature high-energy rock and roll songs, and is one of his best-known compositions for the Moody Blues, along with "Ride My See-Saw."

"I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" was the final single by The Moody Blues to feature the use of the Chamberlin (which had recently replaced the similar instrument, the Mellotron). The Chamberlin would later be replaced by a more modern keyboard synthesizer.

A promotional music-video was filmed for "I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)". This video showed the band's flautist Ray Thomas playing a baritone saxophone; however, according to keyboardist Mike Pinder, the saxophone was used just for effect in the video and the saxophone sound was produced by the Chamberlin.

"I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" reached #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S., becoming one of their highest-charting hits in that country, but fared less well in their native UK, where it managed #36. It was also the final single released by the Moody Blues prior to their five-year hiatus, which was agreed upon so each of the band members could pursue their own solo careers. Their next single would not be until 1978, with "Steppin' in a Slide Zone."
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7_tO5TgCnE

"Tuesday Afternoon" (sometimes referred to as "Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)", or simply "Forever Afternoon") is a 1968 single by English symphonic rock band The Moody Blues, which was presented in its original album form on their 1967 album Days of Future Passed in two parts.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_YCic6iinE

For My Lady" is a song by the English progressive rock band The Moody Blues. It was written by the band's flautist Ray Thomas, and was first released on the 1972 album Seventh Sojourn. It was later released on the B-side of the single "I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)" in 1973.

"For My Lady" is one of Ray Thomas's better known songs for the Moody Blues, along with "Legend of a Mind", and "Veteran Cosmic Rocker." It prominently features Ray Thomas on the flute and lead vocals.

Due to the complex nature of the song's recording, The Moody Blues can only perform the song live when they are backed by a live orchestra, since Ray Thomas cannot sing and play the flute at the same time.

admin

•  
    The following users thanked this post: brijen