admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

[move][glow=red,2,300]complete songs in this topic[/glow][/move]

01= Cold as Ice
02= I Want To Know What Love Is
03= Jukebox Hero
04= Say you will
05= Urgent

Foreigner is a British-American rock band, originally formed in New York City in 1976 by veteran English musician Mick Jones and fellow Briton and ex-King Crimson member Ian McDonald along with American vocalist Lou Gramm.

Jones came up with the band's name as he, McDonald and Dennis Elliott were British, while Gramm, Al Greenwood and Ed Gagliardi were American.[1][2] Their biggest hit single, "I Want to Know What Love Is", topped the United Kingdom and United States Charts among others. They are one of the world's best-selling bands of all time with worldwide sales of more than 80 million records,[3] including 37.5 million records in the US.[4]
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC99JhQq-3w

"Cold as Ice" is a 1977 song by British-American rock band Foreigner from their eponymous debut album. It became one of the best known songs of the band in the US, peaking at number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was initially the B-side of some versions of the "Feels Like the First Time" 45 rpm single.

"Cold as Ice" was used as the soundtrack for a skit on the March 25, 1978 broadcast of Saturday Night Live that showed a man being attacked by a woman in a number of grisly ways. Host Christopher Lee introduced the segment as being "not for the squeamish".[1]

The song was later sampled by Scott Brown in the song "Ice Cold 2".[2] It was also sampled by M.O.P. in their song "Cold as Ice" from the Warriorz album.[3] It is featured in the video game Rock Band 3. American rapper and producer Kanye West used a sample of the record as part of an intro for his song "Cold" during his set at the Glastonbury Festival 2015.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM

"I Want to Know What Love Is" is a power ballad by the British-American rock band Foreigner. It was released in November 1984 as the lead single from their album, Agent Provocateur. The song hit number-one in both the United Kingdom and the United States and is the group's biggest hit to date. It remains one of the band's best known songs and most enduring radio hits, charting in the top 25 in 2000, 2001, and 2002 on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Recurrents chart. "I Want to Know What Love Is" has continued to garner critical acclaim, and is listed as one of the Rolling Stone magazine's greatest songs of all time at #479.[2] The song is also featured in a number of films.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: peterm

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tzi8wkYgI

"Juke Box Hero" is a song written by Lou Gramm and Mick Jones and performed by their band Foreigner, from their 7x Platinum 1981 album 4. It first entered the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart in July 1981. Released as the album's third single in early 1982, it subsequently went to #26 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.[1]

Although the physical 45 sold less than 500,000 copies, 'Juke Box Hero' has been certified Platinum by the RIAA for over a million digital downloads.

The song focuses on a boy unable to purchase a ticket to a sold-out rock concert. Listening from outside, he hears "one guitar" and has an epiphany, leading him to buy a guitar and learn to play it. He realizes that with the guitar he has a chance to achieve musical stardom.

The song then goes on to describe the struggle he has to stay on top of the music charts, which makes him a "Juke Box Hero." He eventually encounters another fan outside the stage door at one of his concerts, who reminds him of himself and how it all began. Mick Jones told Songfacts that the song was inspired by an actual fan who stood waiting outside an arena for about five hours in the rain. Jones, impressed by his dedication, decided to take him in and give him a glimpse of what happens backstage at a show. On July 19th 2016 Lou said on the Brother Wease radio show in Rochester, that the song was about him waiting outside the Rochester War Memorial to see Jimi Hendrix but the show was sold out.[2]

This song was also re-recorded live at a 2005 Las Vegas concert where it includes portions of the Led Zeppelin song "Whole Lotta Love" (from Led Zeppelin II), and released on Foreigner's Extended Versions album.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2UIC5nM2I

"Say You Will" is a song by British-American rock band Foreigner. It was the first single released from the album Inside Information (1987), and was co-written by Lou Gramm and Mick Jones (See 1987 in music). The single reached #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and became their fourth #1 hit on the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, holding the top spot for four weeks, starting on December 19, 1987.[1]

"Say You Will" was one of Foreigner's last two Top 10 chart hits in the United States, followed by the 1988 release of the single "I Don't Want to Live Without You" (which reached #5 on the Hot 100 chart). The song also became the band's third-highest charting hit in Germany, where it reached #22, faring even better in Switzerland, the Netherlands, and particularly Norway, where it reached #4. The video clip for this song, directed by David Fincher, reached #1 on MTV's Top Twenty chart in February 1988.

Allmusic noted that the single was a "good example" of the band's "balancing act" as "the guitar-heavy style of their early work gave way to slick arrangements that pushed electronics to the fore...temper(ing) its rock guitar edge...and Lou Gramm's quasi-operatic vocals...by thick layers of chiming synthesizers and an array of electronic textures."[2]
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6id4--BDg

"Urgent" is a song by the British-American rock band Foreigner, and the first single from their hit album 4 in 1981.
Foreigner went into the studio with producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, best known at the time as producer for hard rock band AC/DC. Foreigner's sound wasn't quite as heavy, and the band worked with then-unknown Thomas Dolby to program and play synthesizer. Dolby's work can be heard on "Urgent", along with a saxophone solo by Motown great Junior Walker.
  •  

pamela

Hi Ron, I really love the song I Want to know what love is, I am going back for another listen... Pam :smiley-happy110:
  •  

musicman100

I Want to Know What Love Is

admin

•  

admin

•