Create Song Styles

Dave Edmunds

Discussion started on English - D

Yamaha
Dave Edmunds
Dave Edmunds
DaveEdmunds1980crop.jpg

David William Edmunds (born 15 April 1944) is a Welsh singer/songwriter, guitarist, actor and record producer. Although he is mainly associated with pub rock and new wave, having many hits in the 1970s and early 1980s, his natural leaning has always been towards 1950s style rock and roll.
#1 - June 24, 2019, 08:03:49 AM

Wishing you the best day ever followed always by better tomorrows !!

Yamaha
Dave Edmunds - Girl Talk
Girl Talk

This song was written by Elvis Costello but first recorded and released by Dave Edmunds, whose version was a big hit in the UK, charting at #4. Costello and and Edmunds were in the same circle of friends that were making making music in West London. Among their cohorts was Nick Lowe, who was in a band with Edmunds called Rockpile and was also producing Costello's album Get Happy!!.

In our interview with Edmunds, he told the story: "Elvis came to the studio one day, and he said, 'I've got a song for you.' And he gave me a cassette. Now, it wasn't very good - it was just him on a guitar, and he was rushing through it at a furious pace. At first I couldn't see it.
#2 - June 24, 2019, 08:05:44 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: Megerle, Juhani, Annismusik, Organplayer, muziekvriend
Wishing you the best day ever followed always by better tomorrows !!

Yamaha
Dave Edmunds - Girls Talk

A difficult song to write  and really noting to find of this song
 It takes a long time to complete the song  from the bottom i must make it listen and listen to the music and write it on paper

And that takes some time but it is done it was a Special Request for this song

#3 - June 27, 2019, 05:53:17 PM
Attachments:

Yamaha Genos  FootMidi MFC10

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...