Create Song Styles

EZ Easy Electronic Keyboard Music The Best of Bilboard 1964 164

Discussion started on EZ PDF Music Books

Re: EZ Easy Electronic Keyboard Music The Best of Bilboard 1964 164
Post without pdf file. Can you fix it please?
#2 - February 16, 2018, 08:20:24 AM

EZ PDF
Beatles - A Hard Days Night

A Hard Day's Night is the third studio album by the English rock band the Beatles, released on 10 July 1964, with side one containing songs from the soundtrack to their film A Hard Day's Night. The American version of the album was released two weeks earlier, on 26 June 1964 by United Artists Records, with a different track listing. In contrast to their first two albums, all 13 tracks on A Hard Day's Night were written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney showcasing the development of their songwriting talents. The album includes the title track, with its distinct opening chord, and the previously released "Can't Buy Me Love", both transatlantic number-one singles for the band.

The title of the album was the accidental creation of drummer Ringo Starr. According to Lennon in a 1980 interview with Playboy magazine: "I was going home in the car and Dick Lester [director of the movie] suggested the title, 'Hard Day's Night' from something Ringo had said. I had used it in In His Own Write, but it was an off-the-cuff remark by Ringo. You know, one of those malapropisms. A Ringo-ism, where he said it not to be funny ... just said it. So Dick Lester said, 'We are going to use that title.'"
#3 - February 16, 2018, 10:29:00 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: jan4ever, luisil, dammusic, robot2001, Snorkum, Edwin, Musicforever, Tom261
Wishing you the best day ever followed always by better tomorrows !!

EZ PDF
Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love

"Can't Buy Me Love" is a song composed by Paul McCartney[2] (credited to Lennon–McCartney) and released by the Beatles on the A-side of their sixth British single, with "You Can't Do That" as the B-side, in March 1964. In September 2015, the Beatles donated the use of their recording of the song to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals for a television commercial.

While in Paris, the Beatles stayed at the five star George V hotel and had an upright piano moved into one of their suites so that song writing could continue.

It was here that McCartney wrote "Can't Buy Me Love". The song was written under the pressure of the success achieved by "I Want to Hold Your Hand" which had just reached number one in America. When producer George Martin first heard "Can't Buy Me Love" he felt the song needed changing: "I thought that we really needed a tag for the song's ending, and a tag for the beginning; a kind of intro. So I took the first two lines of the chorus and changed the ending, and said 'Let's just have these lines, and by altering the second phrase we can get back into the verse pretty quickly.'" And they said, "That's not a bad idea, we'll do it that way". The song's verse is a twelve bar blues in structure, a formula that the Beatles seldom applied to their own material.
#4 - February 16, 2018, 10:31:03 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: jan4ever, luisil, kristensen, robot2001, Musicforever, mesipuu, Tom261, Dirk

EZ PDF
Beatles - A Hard Days Night

A Hard Day's Night is the third studio album by the English rock band the Beatles, released on 10 July 1964, with side one containing songs from the soundtrack to their film A Hard Day's Night. The American version of the album was released two weeks earlier, on 26 June 1964 by United Artists Records, with a different track listing. In contrast to their first two albums, all 13 tracks on A Hard Day's Night were written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney showcasing the development of their songwriting talents. The album includes the title track, with its distinct opening chord, and the previously released "Can't Buy Me Love", both transatlantic number-one singles for the band.

The title of the album was the accidental creation of drummer Ringo Starr. According to Lennon in a 1980 interview with Playboy magazine: "I was going home in the car and Dick Lester [director of the movie] suggested the title, 'Hard Day's Night' from something Ringo had said. I had used it in In His Own Write, but it was an off-the-cuff remark by Ringo. You know, one of those malapropisms. A Ringo-ism, where he said it not to be funny ... just said it. So Dick Lester said, 'We are going to use that title.'"
#5 - February 18, 2018, 10:42:38 AM
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:46:34 AM by admin »

EZ PDF
Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles. Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, and recorded in October 1963, it was the first Beatles record to be made using four-track equipment.

With advance orders exceeding one million copies in the United Kingdom, "I Want to Hold Your Hand" would have gone straight to the top of the British record charts on its day of release (29 November 1963) had it not been blocked by the group's first million seller "She Loves You", their previous UK single, which was having a resurgence of popularity following intense media coverage of the group. Taking two weeks to dislodge its predecessor, "I Want to Hold Your Hand" stayed at number 1 for five weeks and remained in the UK top 50 for 21 weeks in total.

It was also the group's first American number 1 hit, entering the Billboard Hot 100 chart on 18 January 1964 at number 45 and starting the British invasion of the American music industry. By 1 February it topped the Hot 100, and stayed there for seven weeks before being replaced by "She Loves You". It remained on the Billboard chart for 15 weeks.  "I Want to Hold Your Hand" became the Beatles' best-selling single worldwide.  In 2013, Billboard magazine named it the 44th biggest hit of "all-time" on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
#6 - February 18, 2018, 04:19:36 PM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: jan4ever, luisil, robot2001, bmarcill, Musicforever, Tom261

EZ PDF
Beatles - She Loves You

"She Loves You" is a song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney and recorded by English rock group the Beatles for release as a single in 1963. The single set and surpassed several records in the United Kingdom charts, and set a record in the United States as one of the five Beatles songs that held the top five positions in the charts simultaneously, on 4 April 1964. It is their best-selling single and the best selling single of the 1960s in the United Kingdom.

In November 2004, Rolling Stone ranked "She Loves You" number 64 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time  In August 2009, at the end of its "Beatles Weekend", BBC Radio 2 announced that "She Loves You" was the Beatles' all-time best-selling single in the UK based on information compiled by The Official Charts Company.

In Canada, the song was included on the album Twist and Shout. In the US, it was the final song on The Beatles' Second Album.
#7 - February 18, 2018, 04:21:53 PM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: jan4ever, luisil, robot2001, bmarcill, Musicforever, Tom261

EZ PDF
Bobby Vinton - There I've Said It Again

"There! I've Said It Again" is a popular song written by Redd Evans and David Mann, and popularized originally by Vaughn Monroe in 1945,  and then again in late 1963 and early 1964 by Bobby Vinton. Vinton's version was the final number one song on the Hot 100 prior to the Beatles. The song charted at #1 on January 4, 1964 for four weeks.
#8 - February 18, 2018, 05:15:55 PM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: steele, luisil, robot2001, bmarcill, Musicforever, Tom261, MikeC

EZ PDF
Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love

"Chapel of Love" is a song written by Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich and Phil Spector, and made famous by The Dixie Cups in 1964, spending three weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100.  The song tells of the happiness and excitement the narrator feels on her wedding day, for she and her love are going to the "chapel of love", and "we'll never be lonely anymore." Many other artists have recorded the song.

It was originally recorded by the Blossoms in April 1963 but was never released. The Dixie Cups' version was the debut release of the new Red Bird Records run by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller along with George Goldner.  The Ronettes included the song on their debut album released in November 1964 with production by Phil Spector. In 1973, singer and actress Bette Midler had a moderate hit with a cover of "Chapel of Love".
#9 - February 19, 2018, 10:38:49 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: steele, luisil, robot2001, bmarcill, Musicforever, Tom261

EZ PDF
Four Seasons - Rag Doll

"Rag Doll" is a popular song written by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio. It was recorded by The Four Seasons and released as a single in 1964. It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on July 18, 1964, and remained on top for two weeks. The song was also a number one hit in Canada, and reached number two in the UK and number four in Ireland.

According to songwriter Bob Gaudio, the recording was inspired by a dirty-faced little girl, about 5 years old, dressed in ragged clothes. At stop lights in the neighborhood children would run into the street and clean windshields for spare change, but this little girl could only reach high enough to clean the driver's side mirror of his automobile. When Gaudio reached into his wallet, all he had were notes, none smaller than $20. He gave the girl a twenty-dollar bill (Gaudio has also said it was a $5 or a $10). Her astonishment stayed in Gaudio's mind as he approached the recording studio. "Rag Doll", with a few tweaks by Bob Crewe, was the result.

The B-side was the original version of "Silence Is Golden." In 1967 the song was a number one hit in the UK Singles Chart for the English band The Tremeloes.

In 2010, radio station WCBS-FM in New York City ranked the Four Seasons' "Rag Doll" as the number-one song of all time, as voted on by its listeners.
#10 - February 19, 2018, 10:45:00 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: steele, luisil, bobjmanchester, robot2001, bmarcill, Edwin, Musicforever, Tom261, MikeC

EZ PDF
Johnny Rivers - Memphis

"Memphis, Tennessee", sometimes shortened to "Memphis", is a song by Chuck Berry, first released in 1959. In the UK, the song charted at #6 in 1963; at the same time Decca Records issued a cover version in the UK by Dave Berry and the Cruisers, which also became a UK Top 20 hit single. Johnny Rivers's version of the song was a number two US hit in 1964.

In the song the narrator is speaking to a long-distance operator, trying to find out the number of a girl named Marie, who lives in Memphis, Tennessee, "on the southside, high upon a ridge, just a half a mile from the Mississippi bridge." The narrator offers little information to the operator at first, only that he misses Marie and that they were separated by Marie's mother. The final verse reveals that Marie is, in fact, the narrator's six-year-old daughter; her mother, presumably the narrator's ex-wife, left their home and took Marie with her.

Chuck Berry later composed a sequel, "Little Marie", which appeared in 1964 as a single and on the album St. Louis to Liverpool.
#11 - February 19, 2018, 11:20:07 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: steele, luisil, kristensen, robot2001, bmarcill, Edwin, Musicforever, Tom261, MikeC

EZ PDF
Lesly Gore - You Don't Own Me

"You Don't Own Me" is a popular song written by Philadelphia songwriters John Madara and David White and recorded by Lesley Gore in 1963, when Gore was 17 years old. The song was Gore's second most successful recording and her last top-ten single. On November 27, 2016, the Grammy Hall of Fame announced its induction, along with that of another 24 songs.
#12 - February 19, 2018, 11:22:16 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: trebor1950, steele, luisil, robot2001, bmarcill, Musicforever, Tom261, Greeve, MikeC

EZ PDF
Louis Armstrong - Hello Dolly

"Hello, Dolly!" is the title song of the popular 1964 musical of the same name. Louis Armstrong's version was inducted in the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2001.

The music and lyrics were written by Jerry Herman, who also wrote the scores for many other popular musicals including Mame and La Cage aux Folles.
#13 - February 20, 2018, 09:47:47 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: luisil, kristensen, robot2001, Musicforever, Tom261, gurebor

EZ PDF
Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy

"Do Wah Diddy Diddy" is a song written by Jeff Barry and Ellie Greenwich and originally recorded in 1963, as "Do-Wah-Diddy", by the American vocal group The Exciters. It was made internationally famous by the British band Manfred Mann.
#14 - February 21, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: luisil, kristensen, robot2001, Musicforever, Tom261

EZ PDF
Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love

"A World Without Love" is a song recorded by the British duo Peter and Gordon and released as their first single in February 1964. It was included on the duo's debut album in the UK, and in the US on an album of the same name. The song was written by Paul McCartney  and attributed to Lennon–McCartney.  The B-side was "If I Were You", written by Peter and Gordon.

In the United Kingdom, the song reached No. 1 on both the Record Retailer chart and the New Musical Express chart. In the United States, "A World Without Love" topped both the Billboard Hot 100 and the Cash Box Top 100. The song also reached No. 1 on the Irish Singles Chart, No. 1 on New Zealand's "Lever Hit Parade", No. 2 in Australia, and No. 8 on Norway's VG-lista.
#15 - February 22, 2018, 10:30:16 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: jan4ever, luisil, robot2001, Musicforever, Tom261, MikeC

EZ PDF
Shangra Las - Leader Of The pack

"Leader of the Pack" is a song written by George "Shadow" Morton, Jeff Barry, and Ellie Greenwich. It was a number one pop hit in 1964 for the American girl group The Shangri-Las. The single is one of the group's best known songs as well as a popular cultural example of a "teenage tragedy song". The song was covered in 1985 by the heavy metal band Twisted Sister who had a moderate hit with their version.
#16 - February 23, 2018, 10:43:50 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: luisil, bobjmanchester, robot2001, Musicforever, Tom261, MikeC

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...