Create Song Styles

Vangelis - Hymne T5

Discussion started on Patrick

New!
Yamaha T5
Vangelis - Hymne T5
Hymne  T5[/glow]

Vangelis was born 29 March 1943, in Agria, near Volos, Greece. Largely a self-taught musician, he reportedly began composing at the age of three.  His earliest memories include playing piano, percussion, and music of his own device. Throughout his career, Vangelis did not have substantial knowledge of reading or writing musical notation.[citation needed] He rebuffed his parents' attempts to supplement his experimentation with formal training.[ Vangelis has called himself fortunate to not attend music school, which he considers a creative impediment. He studied painting, an art he still practices, at the Athens School of Fine Arts.  Vangelis said in an interview with Life, when asked about his lack of ability to read music:

When the teachers asked me to play something, I would pretend that I was reading it and play from memory. I didn't fool them, but I didn't care.

In 1976 was released the second soundtrack for Rossif animal documentary, La Fête sauvage, which combined African rhythms with Western music.  In 1979 was released the third score album for Rossif, Opéra sauvage. Almost as well known as L'Apocalypse des animaux, the resulting soundtrack would bring him to the attention of some of the world's top filmmakers.

The music itself would be re-used in other films (most notably the track "L'Enfant" in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982) by Peter Weir; the melody of same (in marching band format) can also be heard at the beginning of the 1924 Summer Olympics opening ceremonies scene in the film Chariots of Fire and television commercials (the track "Hymne", used in Barilla pasta commercials in Italy and Ernest & Julio Gallo wine ads in the US). They again collaborated for Sauvage et Beau (1984).

More Here on the Artist

Enjoy....
#1 - February 14, 2018, 09:12:40 AM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:25:06 AM by admin »

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...