Create Song Styles

Website changes

Discussion started on General topics

Website changes
I can see that this is now a strictly YAMAHA Website. What a shame.
Like there are no enough of them around.
Thanks
#1 - December 11, 2015, 08:42:15 PM

The only stupid questions are the questions that have not been asked.

Re: Website changes
I would love to get more Korg Users here.  I do upload anything that comes across my desk...... If I still had a Korg, I would do a hell of a lot more .
I tried to do some networking over at the Korg Forums but was always met with resistance... I just cannot figure it out . Sharp is really strict about content so there is hardly any file sharing. I was hoping that with our more liberal file sharing, we would be more robust here but it is not happening. Any Korg Users that we have , are not willing to share. 
Do you have any ideas how to get our Korg Users to share ?  I will send out a BIG Canadian Bear Hug to all who do share...

Ron
#2 - December 11, 2015, 08:53:38 PM

The following users thanked this post: leadingedge
Wishing you the best day ever followed always by better tomorrows !!

johnnie

I can see that this is now a strictly YAMAHA Website. What a shame.
Like there are no enough of them around.
Thanks
Although the korg content is a bit low at the moment and I thought the same as you about Yamaha hogging everything but that happens everywhere.
Its up to the likes of you ,me + there are a lot of members it seems signed up here to try and create some interest.
I now have a PA4x and it is awesome just like the 3x but with the added bonus of a midi to style converter on board.
I only received my new toy late on Thursday and I was out all day Friday but I have tried the midi to style converter and as far as I can see it works great.
I will try and post a couple of converted midi late when I have worked out how to save the to USB so that I can get them off ready to post. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps most members come on here only to expect to collect any styles that are on offer but maybe the clever bit would be some active feedback. There are I know a lot of different categories on CSS it is the same in the music uploads section which is not specific instrument related I along with others attempt to upload music but feedback is sparse it would be nice to get some and I talk here about actual feedback good crap or indifferent not praise.
#3 - December 12, 2015, 01:25:07 AM

The following users thanked this post: admin, DaveH

I don't have a Korg Keyboard but I empathise with Korg users over shortage of Korg styles on the site.

I don't know how many Korg users are members of this forum but it seems that there are quite a few people here who use Korgs.  Presumably at least a small number of these members may also have the EMC style creation program or something similar.

The obvious answer to this problem has already been stated by Ron who has been trying to encourage more Korg members to share some of their files via the forum.  PP3F has recently and very kindly done this and Baz66 has also offered to post some styles.  If I were a Korg user, I would certainly be willing to share some of my styles because I would want to give something back to the forum in return for all the material I have downloaded.

I'm looking forward to hearing some examples of styles from Johnnie's new Korg PA4X when he get's to grips with the keyboard and it's onboard midi file to style converter.

I found a couple of short video links on this subject as well which I've pasted below:

Dave

#4 - December 12, 2015, 05:41:16 AM

The following users thanked this post: admin, leadingedge

johnnie

We're getting there Dave  :musik01:
#5 - December 12, 2015, 08:42:32 AM

I don't have a Korg Keyboard but I empathise with Korg users over shortage of Korg styles on the site.

I don't know how many Korg users are members of this forum but it seems that there are quite a few people here who use Korgs.  Presumably at least a small number of these members may also have the EMC style creation program or something similar.

The obvious answer to this problem has already been stated by Ron who has been trying to encourage more Korg members to share some of their files via the forum.  PP3F has recently and very kindly done this and Baz66 has also offered to post some styles.  If I were a Korg user, I would certainly be willing to share some of my styles because I would want to give something back to the forum in return for all the material I have downloaded.

I'm looking forward to hearing some examples of styles from Johnnie's new Korg PA4X when he get's to grips with the keyboard and it's onboard midi file to style converter.

I found a couple of short video links on this subject as well which I've pasted below:

Dave

Well said Dave !!!!!
#6 - December 12, 2015, 11:44:43 AM

Wishing you the best day ever followed always by better tomorrows !!

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...