Create Song Styles

Converting Yamaha styles to Korg pa Tutorial

Discussion started on Tips and Tricks on creating Song Styles

Converting Yamaha styles to Korg pa Tutorial
I've found an interesting method of converting Yamaha styles to Korg pa keyboards using Markers without the need for a pc sequencer. It can take up to three small programs to convert the styles but generally two will suffice. I have written a Tutorial which includes explanations and links to the completely free software.

I have only just worked out this method but have successfully converted a few styles quite easily, Imported them to pa and found that they only needed minimal work.

Hope you find it useful!

The Tutorial is HERE

:)
#1 - September 06, 2015, 11:55:38 AM

Best wishes, Keith..Mr Nice'n Easy

Yamaha Keyboard Kapers   TyrosMania     Korgpahelper MySite

Re: Converting Yamaha styles to Korg pa Tutorial
I am going to try this.
Baz
#2 - September 06, 2015, 09:00:51 PM

Hi Baz. Give it a go. Nothing ventured nothing gained  :)
#3 - September 08, 2015, 03:58:19 AM

chellinoolmo

I've found an interesting method of converting Yamaha styles to Korg pa keyboards using Markers without the need for a pc sequencer. It can take up to three small programs to convert the styles but generally two will suffice. I have written a Tutorial which includes explanations and links to the completely free software.

I have only just worked out this method but have successfully converted a few styles quite easily, Imported them to pa and found that they only needed minimal work.

Hope you find it useful!

The Tutorial is HERE

:)

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us -
 :smiley-happy110: :smiley-happy110:
knowledge begets knowledge, and is of great help to those of us who have the resources to utilize it.
#4 - September 08, 2015, 09:19:37 AM

Keith.
I have got to the load part in the pa and tried to load one at a time but I get nothing. I have checed that the midi is there on anvil and it is.
Is there something that I am missing?
baz
#5 - September 08, 2015, 10:57:18 AM

Hi Baz. I assume you used Split and splice tool. Did you drag and drop the split midi onto midifile splitter. You would then have a folder with up 17 parts. You then need to add each part into the pa one at a time to corresponding cv's..
#6 - September 08, 2015, 02:48:23 PM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:49:54 PM by Keith Ball »

Keith. I'm a dummy. After I went to bed I realized what may be happening so will try again today. The programs are working fine.
The problem is or may be that it is making a midi 1 file or not on the right channel.
Yamaha bass is track 11 where korg is 9 and my efforts have saved everything to one single track.Am I explaining right.
I know what the problem is so I will work on it again. I am getting the 17 files so that's a start.
Thanks for your help.
Barry
#7 - September 08, 2015, 09:05:00 PM

Hi Keith. I'm new to Korg and have started with a pa4x. Your tutorial is for earlier models, can you help me with the procedure for the pa4? I get some bits but they are not correct. Guess its all my fault and has to do with the entering of the info. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated, I want to learn. I love the idea of just entering the separate parts.  Thanks. Warren
#8 - March 26, 2016, 10:28:20 PM

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...