Create Song Styles

Importing midifile to songstyle on Pa3X challenge

Discussion started on Tips and Tricks on creating Song Styles

HellanPa3x

Importing midifile to songstyle on Pa3X challenge
Okay, just had some spare time to create a songstyle - but the process on the pa3x is messing up my day!!  :angry:

I marked all my sections in pro tools, and neutralized all chords (and progressions) in the midi file. I then imported every single style-element from the midifile in the style-recording area on the pa3x. Now when I play the style EVERY style-part (intro, variations, endings, fills) start playing from measure 1 of the imported file. I've already marked the sections in protools, before importing the midi into the pa3x - what am I missing here?  ???

Any help?  :(

----I did spend time in "advanced manual" to get me this far, but I can't seem to locate any subjects on this matter----
#1 - March 28, 2015, 08:59:43 AM

Re: Importing midifile to songstyle on Pa3X challenge
That seems strange.
You are (of course) changing the midi tracks to 9 thru 16?
The ones you want to keep?
I was using a very old version of sonar to make markers (v1cv1 and so on) but it kept bombing out the computer.
Now I am trying out studio one. Not so easy to work with midi. I also have anvil to try.
Remember that the midi must be midi 0 or the korg will do funny things or not read at all!!!
baz
#2 - March 28, 2015, 08:42:45 PM

HellanPa3x

Re: Importing midifile to songstyle on Pa3X challenge
Thanks for reply Baz,
Yes, I believe I changed the midi out 9-16 - I'll have to double check that again though when I get back in the studio.
I'm VERY sure though that I exported the style as format 0... Cause all the tracks are individual when I go into style-rec mode, to change other options (instruments, velocity, etc etc.).
Will check the midi out channels again, just to be certain - though I'm pretty sure I followed through on what the manual said.  :smiley-music002: he he

Post update, when I double checked - thanks again Baz :)
#3 - April 24, 2015, 03:31:40 PM

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...