Create Song Styles

MIDI to STYLE forever!

Discussion started on Tips and Tricks on creating Song Styles

chellinoolmo

MIDI to STYLE forever!
I just have to say it - I heard through some "normal" styles just now, something I have not done in a while.

One thing struck me immediately: all styles seemed lifeless and little engaging.

Why?
In my opinion, most of the styles have bad intros, fills, break and endings.

They have too short melody line.

Therefore is the ability to create Song Styles from MIDI for me a liberation ...
#1 - February 10, 2015, 09:46:45 AM

Re: MIDI to STYLE forever!
Not quite sure I get what you're saying, but be careful that you don't make the "styles" too obtrusive. In some cases a good midi file is priceless. As you know we have the ability to manipulate a midi file. I have had some styles where the bass is too much, and to adjust the volume is just too much to do within the instrument, whereas a midi is a simple feat. Just a cautionary comment.
Keep up the good work mate, we all appreciate it
#2 - April 07, 2015, 12:21:20 AM

chellinoolmo

Not quite sure I get what you're saying, but be careful that you don't make the "styles" too obtrusive. In some cases a good midi file is priceless. As you know we have the ability to manipulate a midi file. I have had some styles where the bass is too much, and to adjust the volume is just too much to do within the instrument, whereas a midi is a simple feat. Just a cautionary comment.

I totally agree with you; many can probably be tempted to do so. But that's the beauty of Song Styles - the style you create should be as close to the original as possible.

It takes some knowledge of audio engineering to make this absolutely correct; but I've had HiFi as interest over 30 years and made many recordings, so I have my clear perception of how this should be done.
For those who do not have this basic knowledge, it is surely easy to adjust the level too high for certain instruments; in addition to choosing the wrong instruments.
#3 - April 07, 2015, 03:54:20 AM

I totally agree with you; many can probably be tempted to do so. But that's the beauty of Song Styles - the style you create should be as close to the original as possible.

It takes some knowledge of audio engineering to make this absolutely correct; but I've had HiFi as interest over 30 years and made many recordings, so I have my clear perception of how this should be done.
For those who do not have this basic knowledge, it is surely easy to adjust the level too high for certain instruments; in addition to choosing the wrong instruments.

What version of style works do you use to do these midi conversions?
#4 - April 08, 2015, 03:00:00 AM

Negativity is a disease of the brain. Positivity  is the thought process that leads to success.
JC 2010

chellinoolmo

What version of style works do you use to do these midi conversions?

Style Works XT for Korg.
#5 - April 08, 2015, 08:09:52 AM

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...