Create Song Styles

Brooks & Dunn

Discussion started on English - B

Yamaha
Brooks & Dunn
101120-brooks-dunn-getty-617.jpg

Brooks & Dunn is an American country music duo consisting of Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn, both vocalists and songwriters. The duo was founded in 1990 through the suggestion of Tim DuBois. Before the foundation, both members were solo recording artists. Brooks wrote number one singles for John Conlee, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and Highway 101; both he and Dunn also charted two solo singles a piece in the 1980s, with Brooks also releasing an album for Capitol Records in 1989. However, they began hitting the charts together in 1991.

Signed to Arista Nashville in 1991, the duo has recorded ten studio albums, one Christmas album, and three compilation albums for the label. They also have released fifty singles, of which twenty went to No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs charts and nineteen more reached top ten. Two of these number-one songs, "My Maria" (a cover of the B.W. Stevenson song) and "Ain't Nothing 'Bout You", were the top country songs of 1996 and 2001, respectively, according to the Billboard Year-End charts.

The latter is also the duo's longest-lasting number one, at six weeks. Several of their songs have also reached the Billboard Hot 100, with the number 25 peaks of "Ain't Nothing 'bout You" and "Red Dirt Road" being their highest there. Brooks & Dunn also won the Country Music Association Vocal Duo of the Year award every year between 1992 and 2006, except for 2000. Two of their songs won the Grammy Award for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: "Hard Workin' Man" in 1994 and "My Maria" in 1996. All but two of the duo's studio albums are certified platinum or higher by the Recording Industry Association of America; their highest-certified is their 1991 debut Brand New Man, which is certified sextuple-platinum for shipments of six million copies.

The duo's material is known for containing influences of honky-tonk, mainstream country, and rock, as well as the contrast between Brooks' and Dunn's singing voices and on-stage personalities, although some of their music has also been criticized as formulaic. Their 1992 single "Boot Scootin' Boogie" helped re-popularize line dancing in the United States, and 2001's "Only in America" was used by both George W. Bush and Barack Obama in their respective presidential campaigns. Brooks & Dunn has collaborated with several artists, including Reba McEntire, Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow, Mac Powell, Billy Gibbons, and Jerry Jeff Walker among others.

After announcing their retirement in August 2009, they performed their final concert on September 2, 2010 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. Both Brooks and Dunn have continued to record for Arista Nashville as solo artists. Dunn released a self-titled album in 2011, which included the Top 10 country hit "Bleed Red", while Brooks released New to This Town in September 2012. The duo reunited in 2015 for a series of concerts with McEntire in Las Vegas, Nevada.
#1 - January 06, 2010, 05:53:04 AM
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:47:22 PM by admin »

montage

Yamaha
Brooks & Dunn
101120-brooks-dunn-getty-617.jpg

Brooks & Dunn is an American country music duo consisting of Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn, both vocalists and songwriters. The duo was founded in 1990 through the suggestion of Tim DuBois. Before the foundation, both members were solo recording artists. Brooks wrote number one singles for John Conlee, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and Highway 101; both he and Dunn also charted two solo singles a piece in the 1980s, with Brooks also releasing an album for Capitol Records in 1989. However, they began hitting the charts together in 1991.

Signed to Arista Nashville in 1991, the duo has recorded ten studio albums, one Christmas album, and three compilation albums for the label. They also have released fifty singles, of which twenty went to No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs charts and nineteen more reached top ten. Two of these number-one songs, "My Maria" (a cover of the B.W. Stevenson song) and "Ain't Nothing 'Bout You", were the top country songs of 1996 and 2001, respectively, according to the Billboard Year-End charts.

The latter is also the duo's longest-lasting number one, at six weeks. Several of their songs have also reached the Billboard Hot 100, with the number 25 peaks of "Ain't Nothing 'bout You" and "Red Dirt Road" being their highest there. Brooks & Dunn also won the Country Music Association Vocal Duo of the Year award every year between 1992 and 2006, except for 2000. Two of their songs won the Grammy Award for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: "Hard Workin' Man" in 1994 and "My Maria" in 1996. All but two of the duo's studio albums are certified platinum or higher by the Recording Industry Association of America; their highest-certified is their 1991 debut Brand New Man, which is certified sextuple-platinum for shipments of six million copies.

The duo's material is known for containing influences of honky-tonk, mainstream country, and rock, as well as the contrast between Brooks' and Dunn's singing voices and on-stage personalities, although some of their music has also been criticized as formulaic. Their 1992 single "Boot Scootin' Boogie" helped re-popularize line dancing in the United States, and 2001's "Only in America" was used by both George W. Bush and Barack Obama in their respective presidential campaigns. Brooks & Dunn has collaborated with several artists, including Reba McEntire, Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow, Mac Powell, Billy Gibbons, and Jerry Jeff Walker among others.

After announcing their retirement in August 2009, they performed their final concert on September 2, 2010 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. Both Brooks and Dunn have continued to record for Arista Nashville as solo artists. Dunn released a self-titled album in 2011, which included the Top 10 country hit "Bleed Red", while Brooks released New to This Town in September 2012. The duo reunited in 2015 for a series of concerts with McEntire in Las Vegas, Nevada.
#2 - April 09, 2017, 04:45:37 AM
Attachments:

montage

Yamaha
Boot Scootin' Boogie

Boot Scootin' Boogie" is the fourth single by American country music duo Brooks & Dunn. Before its release, the band Asleep at the Wheel recorded it on their 1990 album Keepin' Me Up Nights. Brooks & Dunn's version was included on their debut album Brand New Man and originally served as the b-side to its second single, "My Next Broken Heart."

The single was the duo's fourth release, as well as their fourth consecutive Number One single on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts. Alvin and the Chipmunks released a cover, done in their signature style, for the 1993 re-release of Urban Chipmunk.

#3 - April 09, 2017, 04:49:41 AM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:05:58 AM by admin »

YamahaKorg
I'll Never Forgive My Heart

"I'll Never Forgive My Heart" is a song written by Ronnie Dunn, his wife Janine, and Dean Dillon. It was recorded by American country music duo Brooks & Dunn that peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.  It was released in November 1994 as the second single from their album Waitin' on Sundown.

While the song was released prior to The Greatest Hits Collection, it did not appear on the greatest hits package. It was, however, later included on The Greatest Hits Collection II.

Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it one of Dunn's "most effective honky-tonk vocals on this sawdust-floor slow number about an uninvited heartache."

"I'll Never Forgive My Heart" debuted at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of November 12, 1994.
#4 - April 22, 2017, 12:58:07 PM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:57:05 PM by admin »

Wishing you the best day ever followed always by better tomorrows !!

Midi
Midi - Brooks & Dunn
Midi - Brooks & Dunn

Brooks And Dunn - A Man This Lonely Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Beer 30 Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Beer 30 Ver2
Brooks And Dunn - Brand New Man Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Brand New Man2 Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Cool Drink Of Water Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Hard Working' Man
Brooks And Dunn - Husbands And Wives
Brooks And Dunn - I'll Never Forgive My Heart Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Little Miss Honky Tonk Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Lost And Found Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - My Maria
Brooks And Dunn - My Next Broken Heart Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Neon Moon Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Play Something Country Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - Rock My World Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - She Ain't The Cheatin Kind Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - She Used To Be Mine
Brooks And Dunn - She`s Not The Cheati Kind2
Brooks And Dunn - That Ain't No Way To Go Midi Only
Brooks And Dunn - There Aint No Thing About You
Brooks And Dunn - You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone Midi Only
99341_02 - That Ain't No Way To Go
99341_03 - She's Not The Cheating Kind
#5 - February 13, 2020, 10:08:33 AM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:53:00 AM by admin »

The following users thanked this post: PieterPan, admin, astor, baz66, tony2004, Mozzer

Yamaha Midi
Neon Moon
Neon Moon

#6 - February 28, 2020, 03:42:48 PM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:46:48 PM by admin »

The following users thanked this post: jos, Juhani, muziekvriend, ray eyden

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...