Joana Zimmer

Started by montage, May 12, 2017, 12:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Joana Zimmer (born 27 October 1982; Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany) is a German pop music singer, often compared to Celine Dion or Barry Manilow. Zimmer is blind.

Joana Zimmer was born in Germany in the 80s. Since her childhood, she has shown a deep enthusiasm for the music: she also sang solo in the concert choir, learned to play the piano and the guitar in Berlin, her home town. She has performed in 15 well-known jazz clubs.
After the Abitur, she became a professional singer. She quickly gained popularity after signing a contract with the Universal label and releasing the album 'My Innermost' in 2005. With her debut album, and with the hit 'I believe', she hit the German and foreign charts and was soon awarded two golds.

Since then, her career has been successful: she received radio tour, acted in Berlin's Olympiastadion, took part in the world-wide rock concert Live 8 in Berlin, Brandenburg Gate, on July 2, 2005, in front of more than 100,000 people. She toured Europe with the Italian singer Zucchero Sugar Fornaciari, the world with the USA star Michael Bolton and took duets with Xavier Naidoo, Boyz II Men and recently with Christof Maybach.

The debut album was followed by 'The Voice in Me' (2006), 'Showtime' (2008), 'Miss JZ' (2010) and 'Not Looking Back' (2012). But Joana Zimmer has no limits: she starred in the ARD Telenovela 'Rote Rosen', where she also sings the title song, and played a leading role in the ARD series 'Crazy Sea'; Modelte for the Hamburg fashionist stylist Julia Starp. She participated in the Berlin Marathon in 2004, and she trained with passion for the Ashtanga Yoga teacher.
She took a new challenge in 2012 when she took part in RTL Show Let's Dance, with the assistant Christian Polanc: they got the third place together!
For the occasion of the St. Moritz event Art on Ice 2013 she performs as a singer. There she ski already as a child.

Joana Zimmer is an ambassador of the Christoffel-Blindenmission and is constantly present at Benefizgala (Aktion Mensch e. ​​V., PLAN international, VIP Charity B2B Diverstity, Kinderleben e. V., Kinderothilfe, Louis Braille Festival of the encounter, ...). On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the association Blindenhaus Zurich 2006, she took part in the festivities.

In the autumn of 2013 she published her first book "Blind Date: The World with My Eyes". The audio book appeared on 12 March 2015 at Lübbe Audio. The special feature: Zimmer read the texts themselves, and could oblige top-class audiobooks such as Rufus Beck, Judy Winter and Jens Wawrczeck. New songs and O-tones were also added.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUGt2p_hwY

I Believe" is a song by singer Marcella Detroit, released in February 1994 under London Records as the lead single from her album Jewel. Written by Detroit herself and produced by Chris Thomas, the song went on to become Detroit's most successful single, peaking at #11 in the UK, and reached similar success internationally.
  •