Lou Rawls

Started by montage, May 19, 2017, 04:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Louis Allen "Lou" Rawls (December 1, 1933 – January 6, 2006) was an American recording artist, voice actor, songwriter, and record producer. He is best known for his singing ability; Frank Sinatra once said that Rawls had "the classiest singing and silkiest chops in the singing game".

Rawls released more than 60 albums, sold more than 40 million records, and had numerous charting singles, most notably his song "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine".

He worked as a television, motion picture, and voice actor. He was also a three-time Grammy-winner, all for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzlNHnnEAA4

Lady Love" is a pop song written by Von Gray and Sherman Marshall.

It became a hit single cut from Lou Rawls' 1977 album When You Hear Lou, You've Heard It All. It was released as a single in January 1978 and peaked at #13 in Canada, #24 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and went to #21 on the R&B charts .

On the U.S. Easy Listening chart, "Lady Love" peaked at #5. The song is an airplay staple today on adult standards and smooth jazz radio stations.
  •  

admin

You'll Never Find Another Love like Mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCW1i5HQ0o0

You'll Never Find Another Love like Mine" (written by Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff) is a song performed by R&B singer Lou Rawls on his 1976 album All Things in Time.

The song proved to be Rawls' breakthrough hit, reaching number one on both the R&B and Easy Listening charts as well as number four on the dance chart  and number two on the US Billboard Hot 100, where it was kept from the top spot for two weeks by "You Should Be Dancing" by The Bee Gees and "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty" by KC and the Sunshine Band, respectively.

This was the first and only time that one of Rawls' records managed to reach Billboard's pop top ten. It was the first big hit for Philadelphia International to feature the reformulated MFSB, after many of the original members left Gamble and Huff for better opportunities. The song started Rawls' live shows from 1977 on.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD