Audrey Landers

Started by Ron Phillipchuk, March 31, 2017, 02:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Phillipchuk

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

1= Manuel Goodbye
2= Playa Blanca
3= Wenn die Glocken hell erklingen

Audrey Landers (born July 18, 1956) is an American actress and singer, best known for her role as Afton Cooper in the television drama series Dallas and her role as Val Clarke in the film version of A Chorus Line.

Landers was born Audrey Hamburg in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Landers began her acting career at the age of 9, when she starred in her first community theater musical, and continued acting and singing in community theater shows in New York State. Music was always a passion, and Landers began writing poetry and songs at a young age. Landers was first noticed with a country song that she wrote and performed at the age of twelve, which led to a Nashville recording contract with Epic Records, a performance on The Merv Griffin Show, and a year-long role on the daytime drama, The Secret Storm. During her teen years, she acted on the daytime drama Somerset and studied music at the Juilliard School in New York, while majoring in psychology at Columbia University. Her feature film debut came in The Tennessee Stallion (1978) with her sister, Judy Landers. Although Audrey is older than Judy by just over two years, they bear such a strong resemblance to each other that they have been mistaken for twins, and they have even appeared in a number of features together as identical twins.

Landers moved to Los Angeles and on her 24th birthday, landed the role of Afton Cooper in Dallas, which she held for 84 episodes, from 1981 to 1984, and further episodes in 1989. She also appeared in the 1996 television movie Dallas: J.R. Returns. In the show, her character was a nightclub singer. Landers had already recorded two singles in the 1970s, but during her stint on Dallas, she recorded her first album, Little River (1983). She has since released over a dozen albums, mainly for European record companies. After she left Dallas in 1984, she was cast by director Richard Attenborough as Val Clarke in the 1985 film version of A Chorus Line. In 2013 she reprised her role of Afton in several episodes of the second season of the revival of Dallas.

Before joining Dallas, she guest-starred in a number of television series, including The Dukes of Hazzard, Fantasy Island, The Love Boat, and Battlestar Galactica and appeared as a panelist on Match Game 79. In the 1990s, she appeared in the television miniseries of Jackie Collins' Lucky Chances. From 1990–92, she played the role of Charlotte Hesser, eldest daughter of upstate Pennsylvania mob boss Carlo Hesser on the ABC daytime series One Life to Live.

With her young sons as inspiration, Landers created the children's television series, The Huggabug Club in 1996,  for which, in addition to writing the scripts, she also wrote the 250+ original songs in the series. Her partner (and mother), Ruth Landers, produced the series and donated it to Public Television for its 5-year run. In 2006, she co-wrote, and co-directed the family adventure film, Circus Island, a Ruth Landers production. Landers and her mother have also created a fashion line called Landers STAR Collection which is gaining global popularity through QVC UK, and in Italy, Canada, Germany, and the U.S.

Audrey is sister of actress Judy Landers, and has acted with her in several roles, including multiple episodes of The Love Boat as well as Circus Island and Ghost Writer, films produce d by Ruth Landers. Audrey and Judy Landers were on the cover and in a non-nude pictorial of the January 1983 issue of Playboy.
Landers married businessman Donald Berkowitz in May 1988. They have two children, twins Adam and Daniel, born in 1993.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Vb9aWIunQ

Audrey Landers
Manuel goodbye

Waiting, I'm always waiting
For a smile from you, a sign that you still care

Breaking, my heart is breaking
When you look at me, it seems as if you're not really there

Hiding, I know you're hiding
Well, it's time we just stopped living all those lies

Look, look at me
I know all about her, I'm setting you free

Manuel, goodbye, I've got to go away
Or I will change my mind and stay another day
Leaving you right now is hard for me to do
Manuel, goodbye, I always will love you

Foolish, tell me I'm foolish
Reassure me, love, and say it isn't true

Rumours, tell me they're rumours
Darling, hold me tight and let me feel the love that we once knew

Empty, my arms are empty
I know there's no use in trying to pretend

Tears, only tears
That's all that is left of us and all the good years

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQDGE4rQ750

Audrey Landers – Playa Blanca Lyrics

There is a place that I dream of
With beautiful white sand
Sitting in a silver bay.
I see the shimmering water
The shade from the palmtrees -
I could sit and dream all day.
I feel the warms of the sunshine
Touching the white shore

Seaguls dancing on the sea.
I see the boats in the distance and out on the horizon

Sailing to my fantasy.
Playa Blanca - Playa Blanca

The special magic feeling floats through the air

I feel the happiness and love everywhere.

And when I come back to you some day
I'm gonna stay.
There is a place that I dream of
With beautiful white sand
Gentle breezes to my hair.
I hear the sound of the water echoing to me.
I can't wait to be back there.
I see a splash in the nightsky
A rainbow of colours

Lighting of my fantasy.
And very soon of the feeling
The blow of the evening

That's the place I long to be.
.. .
  •  

montage

noting i can find of this song
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •