Main Menu

UB40

Started by montage, January 08, 2017, 02:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

UB40 are a British reggae/pop band formed in 1978 in Birmingham, England. The band has had more than 50 singles in the UK Singles Chart, and has also achieved considerable international success. They have been nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album four times, and in 1984 were nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Group. One of the world's best-selling music artists, UB40 have sold over 70 million records.
Their hit singles include their debut "Food for Thought" and two U.S. Billboard Hot 100 number ones with "Red Red Wine" and "Can't Help Falling in Love". Both of these also topped the UK Singles Chart, as did the band's version of "I Got You Babe".
The ethnic makeup of the band's original lineup was diverse, with musicians of English, Scottish, Irish, Yemeniand Jamaican parentage. Lead singer and founding member, Ali Campbell left the band after 30 years in 2008, performing with another founding member, Mickey Virtue, who left UB40 soon after Campbell. Astro remained with the original band until November 2013, when he left to team up again with Campbell and Virtue in a new version of UB40. In 2014 legal advice was sought by original band members and the group containing Campbell, Virtue and Astro over usage of the band name, UB40 which was being used by both parties

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2MIGuA8p4

"Red Red Wine" is a song written, performed and originally recorded by American artist Neil Diamond in 1967, included on Neil's second Bang Records album "Just For You". The lyrics are sung from the perspective of someone who finds drinking red wine the only way to forget his woes.
When Neil left the Bang Records label in 1968, Bang continued to release Neil Diamond singles, often adding newly recorded instruments and background vocals to album tracks from the two Neil Diamond albums that Bang had issued. For the "Red Red Wine" single, Bang added a background choir without Neil's involvement or permission. Diamond's version reached number sixty-two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1968. Diamond later performed a UB40-inspired version of the song on tour. The original album version was released on Diamond'sThe Greatest Hits (1966-1992) but the 1968 single version has never been issued on a vinyl album or CD. The song has been covered by Tony Tribe, Jimmy James & the Vagabonds, and more famously by British reggae group UB40, whose version topped the U.S. and UK singles charts. Tony Tribe covered the song in 1969 in a reggae-influenced style. UB40 covered the song in 1983 in a lighter reggae-style.
  •  

Ron Phillipchuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBfSu4nGDfk

"Kingston Town" is a 1970 song by Lord Creator. It was recorded in 1989 by reggae group UB40 and was the second single from their album Labour of Love II, reaching #4 on the UK singles chart.
In June 2007, the copyright holders of the song, Sparta Florida Music Group, started legal action against Paris Hilton and Warner Chappell Music for plagiarism due to alleged similarities between "Kingston Town" and Hilton's song "Stars Are Blind". It had been wrongly stated that UB40 was the suing party, which the band later confirmed as being incorrect on their website.
In France, the cover by UB40 peaked at #1 for three weeks from October 20 to November 3, 1990. It remained on the chart for 25 weeks, and was certified Gold disc by SNEP in 1991. Infodisc Website estimates it is the 426th best selling single of all time in France with 581,000 copies sold.
The song was also covered by Jamaican group The Mighty Red.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSywtiAirKE

The song was covered by Pato Banton in 1994 who was joined by Robin and Ali Campbell of UB40. This version was different from the original in that it was in a more conventional, commercial reggae style and Banton added his own verses between the Campbells singing the original hook and chorus.
"Baby Come Back" by Pato Banton was a number one hit single in the UK and New Zealand. It was released on 19 September 1994 and entered the UK Singles Chart for the week ending 1 October 1994 at No. 16 and reached No. 1 in its fifth week on the chart, where it stayed for four weeks. It was the 4th biggest selling single of 1994 in the UK. In New Zealand, the song entered the chart on 30 October 1994 at No. 3, then rose to No. 2 the following week, before beginning a four week reign at No. 1 from 13 November to 4 December 1994

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXPlt4ciYE
"Kiss and Say Goodbye" is a song recorded by the American R&B vocal group The Manhattans. It was one of the biggest hits of 1976.

The song was written by Manhattans member Winfred "Blue" Lovett. The lyrics and melody came to him late one night. As he later recalled, "Everything was there. I got up about three o'clock in the morning and jotted down the things I wanted to say. I just put the words together on my tape recorder and little piano. I've always thought that when you write slow songs, they have to have meaning. In this case, it's the love triangle situation we've all been through. I figured anyone who's been in love could relate to it. And it seemed to touch home for a lot of folks."[1]
Lovett originally considered the song a country tune more appropriate to be sung by Glen Campbell or Charley Pride. He decided to do it with his group and sing background on it.
The original demo of the song was recorded with The Manhattans backing band, "Little Harlem." After hearing a tape of the recording, producer/arranger Bobby Martin decided to re-record the song with MFSB at Sigma Sound Studios in Philadelphia. Recorded in early 1975, Columbia Records officials withheld releasing the song until 14 months later. Lovett had his concerns over when the record came out as well as the record itself. "I was critical, a perfectionist in the studio, and there are still parts of it that make my skin crawl. For example, in one place, the background vocals go off pitch. Somehow, though, that didn't seem to bother anyone else."[1]
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajp0Uaw4rqo

Can't Help Falling in Love" is a pop ballad originally recorded by American singer Elvis Presley and published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley's publishing company.

It was written by Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore and George David Weiss.[2] The melody is based on "Plaisir d'amour"  (1784), a popular romance by Jean-Paul-Égide Martini (1741–1816). It was featured in Elvis Presley's 1961 film, Blue Hawaii. During the following four decades, it was recorded by numerous other artists, including British reggae group UB40, whose 1993 version topped the U.S. and UK charts, and Swedish pop group A-Teens.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNagUGDGdg

"I Got You Babe" is a song written by Sonny Bono. It was the first single taken from the debut studio album Look at Us, of the American pop music duo Sonny & Cher. In August 1965, their single spent three weeks at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States[1] where it sold more than 1 million copies and was certified Gold. It also reached number 1 in the United Kingdom and Canada. In 1985, a cover version of "I Got You Babe" by British reggae/pop band UB40 featuring American singer Chrissie Hynde, peaked at number one in the UK Singles Chart and reached number 28 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. A 1993 version by Cher with Beavis and Butt-Head bubbled under the Hot 100 chart.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jxJ7hZ3Q7o

The discography of the UB40, a British reggae band, consists of eighteen studio albums, twelve compilation albums, four live albums, two remix albums, sixty-two singles and a number of appearances with other artists.
The band has sold over 70 million records worldwide.[1] Their biggest hits include "Red Red Wine" (1983), "Can't Help Falling in Love" (1993) and "I Got You Babe" (1985).
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPv0m5GavdU

Sing Our Own Song" is a song and single written and performed by British group UB40.  It featured backing singers Jaki Graham, Mo Birch and Ruby Turner and was the ninth and final track on their album Rat in the Kitchen.

Released in 1986 it reached 5, on the UK charts, staying for nine weeks.  It made 1 on the Dutch charts in 1986.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD

admin

Can't help falling in love X9
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

Red Red Wine X9

admin

Kingston Town Ty

admin

:s_cool: