Kris Kristofferson

Started by Ron Phillipchuk, May 16, 2017, 01:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Phillipchuk

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

1= Help Me Make It Through The Night
2= One Day at a Time

Kristoffer "Kris" Kristofferson (born June 22, 1936) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and actor. He wrote and recorded the songs "Me and Bobby McGee", "For the Good Times", "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down", and "Help Me Make It Through the Night".

Kristofferson composed his own songs and collaborated with Nashville songwriters such as Shel Silverstein.  In 1985, Kristofferson joined fellow country artists Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Johnny Cash in forming the country music supergroup The Highwaymen.

In 2004, Kristofferson was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. He is also known for his starring roles in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and A Star Is Born, for the latter of which he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CksF7Kr7Drw

Help Me Make It Through The Night" is a country music ballad written and composed by Kris Kristofferson and released on his 1970 album Kristofferson. It was covered later in 1970 by Sammi Smith, on the album Help Me Make It Through the Night. Smith's recording of the song remains the most commercially successful and most well-known version in the United States.

Her recording ranks among the most successful country singles of all time in terms of sales, popularity, and radio airplay. It topped the country singles chart, and was also a crossover hit, reaching number eight on the U.S. pop singles chart. "Help Me Make It Through The Night" also became Smith's signature song.

Inspired by Smith's success with the song, numerous other artists covered it soon thereafter, including Loretta Lynn, Glen Campbell, Joan Baez, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Elvis Presley.

Other artists who have recorded charting versions of the song include Gladys Knight & the Pips, John Holt, and (in French) Claude Varade.
  •  

montage

•  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-J7mLyD3yc

"Me and Bobby McGee" is a song written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster, originally performed by Roger Miller.

Others performed the song later, including Grateful Dead, Kristofferson himself,  Kenny Rogers and The First Edition, Gordon Lightfoot, Miranda Lambert, and most famously Janis Joplin, whose posthumously released version topped the U.S. singles chart in 1971, making the song the second posthumously released No. 1 single in U.S. chart history after "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding. Billboard ranked Joplin's version as the No. 11 song for 1971.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •