Main Menu

Baccara

Started by admin, January 26, 2019, 12:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Baccara
[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Baccara is a female vocal duo formed in 1977 by Spanish artists Mayte Mateos (born 7 February 1951 in Logroño) and María Mendiola (born 4 April 1952 in Madrid). The pair rapidly achieved international success with their debut single "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie", which reached number one across much of Europe and became the best-selling single of all-time by a female group, eventually selling more than 18 million copies worldwide.[1] A successful follow-up single ("Sorry, I'm a Lady") and European tour led to a number of album releases, numerous television appearances and the duo's selection to represent Luxembourg in the Eurovision Song Contest 1978.

Despite a substantial following in Spain, Germany and Japan, by 1981 the duo's distinctive blend of disco, pop and Spanish folk music was no longer fashionable, and by 1983 Mayte Mateos and María Mendiola were both working on solo projects. Achieving little success as solo artists, the two formed duos of their own: separate incarnations of the original Baccara appeared during the middle of the decade, with Mendiola fronting New Baccara and Mateos keeping the duo's original name. During the 1990s New Baccara was renamed back to Baccara; as a consequence both Mateos and Mendiola now head different duos with the same name. Both principals have subsequently had prolonged but separate legacy careers based on nostalgia and their earlier fame.

Mendiola's Baccara has seen more international recognition, releasing a string of Hi-NRG club hits such as "Fantasy Boy" and "Touch Me" in the late 1980s and the later UK club hit "Wind Beneath My Wings". Mateos' Baccara has released few new recordings, but has remained in demand for television and live appearances in countries such as Spain and Germany where the original Baccara developed a loyal fan base, performing the duo's back-catalogue and modernised versions of traditional Spanish songs.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yes Sir I Can Boogie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSQjx79dR8s

"Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" is a 1977 hit single by the Spanish vocal duo Baccara.

Written by Frank Dostal and Rolf Soja, and produced by Soja, this standard disco song was a major hit across Europe and became the duo's sole number one single in the UK, spending a single week at the top in October 1977. It did not chart in the United States, despite receiving airplay in several markets. It became the best-selling singles of all-time by a female group, eventually selling more than 18 million copies worldwide.[1] The breathed intro to the song is very similar to Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes and Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way", which was a clear influence on the Baccara song.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSQjx79dR8s

a good song and a complete set of this song
  •