Laura Branigan

Started by admin, January 31, 2017, 10:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

[move][glow=red,2,300]Complete songs in this topic[/glow][/move]

Laura Ann Branigan (July 3, 1957[nb 1] – August 26, 2004)[7] was an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She had hits in the 1980s with the platinum-certified "Gloria," "Self Control," "Solitaire," and the No. 1 Adult Contemporary (AC) hit "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" as well as several other U.S. top-40 songs.

Branigan contributed songs to motion picture and television soundtracks, including the Grammy and Academy Award-winning Flashdance soundtrack (1983), the Ghostbusters soundtrack (1984), and the Baywatch soundtrack (1994).

Her signature song "Gloria" by Umberto Tozzi stayed on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 for 36 weeks, then a record for a female artist; the song holds a place in the top-100 singles of both 1982 and 1983.

Branigan died at her home from a previously-undiagnosed cerebral aneurysm.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HInA9jKyoKE

"Self Control" is a song by Italian singer Raf, released in 1984. It was written by Giancarlo Bigazzi, Steve Piccolo and Raf. The song was covered the same year by American singer Laura Branigan. Her version first hit no. 1 in Germany on June 15, 1984. Raf's version first hit no. 1 in Italy on June 23, 1984. Both versions of the song were popular across Europe during much of the summer of 1984 and were the most successful single of the year in Switzerland. Branigan's version peaked at no. 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and also went to no. 2 on the dance chart.[3]

The song has become one of the defining songs of the 1980s, with a number of remakes recorded each year. Notable covers include Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin in 1993, a hit dance remake by Branigan in 2004 and two 2006 versions that hit the Top 5 in various European enclaves, by Danish dance group Infernal and Spanish singer Soraya Arnelas.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Fk8drgZE

Atlantic Records' managing director Doug Morris suggested that Laura Branigan work with producer Jack White, who suggested that she record an English version of Tozzi's hit "Gloria". Branigan recalled that on hearing the Tozzi track, "We gave it the American kick and rewrote the lyrics and off she went."

Branigan's remake of "Gloria" was co-produced by White with Greg Mathieson, who had been the arranger of, and the keyboardist on Tozzi's original song, while also being the primary keyboardist on the Branigan album.

Branigan told People Weekly Magazine that she and her producers had at first attempted an English version of Tozzi's "Gloria" in the romantic mode of the original, changing the title to "Mario", but that this seemed ineffective. Ultimately, Branigan recorded an English re-invention of "Gloria" as a character study of, in her words, "a girl that's running too fast for her own steps", the cover lyrics of which were written by Trevor Veitch, the contractor for the Branigan album, to which he also contributed guitar work; while Branigan also did her part in co-writing of the cover song's lyrics.

In 2003, Branigan characterized "Gloria" as "Certainly my signature song. And I always get the same reaction wherever I go, and whenever I perform it ... I have to end every show with that song, and people just go crazy."

Branigan later released a Hi-NRG re-recording of the song just a few months before her death. "Gloria 2004" was released with several remixes on April 26, 2004.

Organplayer

A Complete Remake of this Beautiful song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nw-V5eEeAk
  •  

admin

Self Control
  •