Started by montage, January 06, 2017, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Songs in this Topic from Leo Sayer
01 = When I Need You
02 = Raining in My Heart
03 = More Than I Can Say

Leo Sayer (born Gerard Hugh Sayer, 21 May 1948)[2] is a British-born singer-songwriter musician, and entertainer (now an Australian citizen and resident) whose singing career has spanned four decades.
Sayer launched his career in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s, and became a top singles and album act on both sides of the Atlantic in the 1970s.[3] His first seven hit singles in the United Kingdom all reached the Top 10 – a feat first registered by his first manager, Adam Faith.[3] His songs have been sung by other notable artists, including Cliff Richard ("Dreaming").
Sayer was born to an English father and an Irish mother in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex, where he attended St Peter's Catholic Primary School. Later he attended Blessed Robert Southwell (now Chatsmore) in Goring-by-Sea.[4] before studying commercial art and graphic design at West Sussex College of Art and Design in Worthing, Sussex.[5] He was initially discovered by musician David Courtney, who then co-managed and co-produced him with former pop singer turned manager, Adam Faith.[2]
In January 1967, while 18-year-old Sayer was working as a hall porter at the King's Hotel in Hove, he assisted in the rescue of guests from a fire that damaged the first floor of the hotel. He was rescued by builders working on a block of flats beside the hotel.[6]

Sayer began his music career co writing songs with David Courtney, including "Giving It All Away", which gave Roger Daltrey of The Who his first solo hit in 1973.[2] The same year, Sayer began his career as a recording artist under the management of Adam Faith, who signed Sayer to the Chrysalis label in the United Kingdom and Warner Bros. Records in the United States.
His debut single "Why Is Everybody Going Home" failed to chart, but he achieved national prominence in the United Kingdom with his second single, the music hall styled song "The Show Must Go On", which Sayer performed on British television, wearing a pierrot costume and makeup. The single went to #2 on the chart in the United Kingdom,[2] as did his debut album Silverbird, co written with David Courtney, who co produced the album with Adam Faith.
His subsequent singles were all major hits in the United Kingdom – "One Man Band" went to #6 in 1974, "Long Tall Glasses" (UK #4, 1974) became his first Top Ten hit in the United States, reaching #9, and "Moonlighting" went to #2 in the United Kingdom in 1975. In 1976, Sayer recorded three Beatles songs, "I Am the Walrus", "Let It Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" for the Beatles themed concept film, All This and World War II. His albums in this period were also consistently successful in the United Kingdom, and he scored five consecutive Top 10 placings on the United Kingdom album chart between 1973 and 1977.

•  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMqb9RQWGE

"When I Need You" is a popular song written by Albert Hammond and Carole Bayer Sager.

Its first appearance was as the title track of Hammond's 1976 album When I Need You. Leo Sayer's version, produced by Richard Perry, was a massive hit worldwide, reaching number 1 on the UK Singles Chart for three weeks in February 1977 after three of his earlier singles had stalled at number 2.

It also reached number 1 on both the Billboard Hot 100 for a single week in May 1977; and the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks.Billboard ranked it as the No. 24 song of 1977. Sayer performed it on the second show of the third season of The Muppet Show.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisePfos31s

Raining in My Heart" is a song recorded by Buddy Holly with the orchestral backing by Dick Jacobs. The music and lyrics are written by the songwriting team of Felice Bryant and Boudleaux Bryant. It was released as a single on Coral Records in 1959, peaking at #88 on the Billboard charts as the B-side of "It Doesn't Matter Anymore". This recording was included on Buddy Holly's first "greatest hits" compilation album titled The Buddy Holly Story that was released in March 1959.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4btyYgIEX6A

"More Than I Can Say" is a song written by Sonny Curtis and Jerry Allison, both former members of Buddy Holly's band the Crickets. They recorded it in 1959 soon after Holly's death and released it in 1960. Their original version hit No. 42 on British Record Retailer Chart in 1960. It has been notably performed by singers Bobby Vee, Leo Sayer, and Sammy Kershaw
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-Okqna4sQ

"You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" is a song by the British singer Leo Sayer, taken from his 1976 album Endless Flight.

The song reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, making it his first number-one single in the United States, and reached number 2 on the UK Singles Chart. Billboard ranked it as the No. 13 song of 1977. Songwriters Sayer and Vini Poncia won a Grammy Award for the song in 1978 in the category Best R&B Song.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Leo Sayer - Thunder In My Heart Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGVuqOzG-TM

"Thunder in My Heart" is a song recorded by Leo Sayer for the album Thunder in My Heart, and originally released as a single in 1977.

It reached number 22 in the United Kingdom. In the United States, it reached number 38 on the Billboard Hot 100, and number 35 on the Cashbox chart.It became a number one hit single in the United Kingdom, when a remix by Meck (titled "Thunder in My Heart Again") was released as a single in 2006 (see 2006 in music). "Thunder in My Heart Again" stayed at number one for two weeks. It also peaked at number four on the Dutch Top 40, remaining in that chart for seventeen weeks.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

•  

admin

Raining in My Heart
  •  

StieneGirl

;)
Quote from: montage on January 06, 2017, 01:49:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMqb9RQWGE

"When I Need You" is a popular song written by Albert Hammond and Carole Bayer Sager.

Its first appearance was as the title track of Hammond's 1976 album When I Need You. Leo Sayer's version, produced by Richard Perry, was a massive hit worldwide, reaching number 1 on the UK Singles Chart for three weeks in February 1977 after three of his earlier singles had stalled at number 2.

It also reached number 1 on both the Billboard Hot 100 for a single week in May 1977; and the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks.Billboard ranked it as the No. 24 song of 1977. Sayer performed it on the second show of the third season of The Muppet Show.
  •