Guys 'N' Dolls

Started by admin, October 27, 2017, 04:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Guys 'n' Dolls were a UK pop group made up of a three girl/three boy line-up.

In the mid-1970s, they scored UK top ten hits with the singles "There's a Whole Lot of Loving" and "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me". They found further success in Holland in the late 1970s where they had a number one hit with "You're My World".
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMD-mjad6Io

"You're My World" is a ballad originally recorded in 1963 as "Il Mio Mondo" ("My World") by Umberto Bindi, who co-wrote the Italian-language version with Gino Paoli.

Rendered with English lyrics by Carl Sigman as "You're My World", the song has reached No. 1 in Australia (twice), Belgium, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa and United Kingdom via recordings by Cilla Black, Daryl Braithwaite, Guys 'n' Dolls and Helen Reddy. (Black's and Reddy's versions reached the US Top 40 in 1964 and 1977, respectively.)

The song also went to No. 1 in France and Spain via the respective translations "Ce monde" and "Mi Mundo", both sung by Richard Anthony.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD