New UVN Female Voice TY2/3/4 (better than Yamaha`s pack) + Gregorian Voice HiQ

Started by epereirajle, October 02, 2011, 02:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epereirajle

Dear Friends,

I bought yesterday the Yamaha Pack Female Voices and after I tried it at my KB, I found the 2 voices so-so, too syhthetic and had the feeling I wasted my money.

So I decided to try to convert a good Female Voice and I got this I'm sharing with you.

I hope you like :)

By the way, I also converted again the Gregorian voice but with more samples version, so it's better quality than previous. You can hear both at the demo song and acapella.

Ohh, I recorded twice, one with Yamaha Female Voice and other with my conversion in order we can compare both.

Please give your opinion :)

Always when I make a new good conversion I will share here.

Greetings from Brazil!

Eduardo  :D

Here are the voices for TY4 and please see below the demos!! (For TY2 TVN please see below (can be converted to TY3))

•  

epereirajle

Here are Yamaha`s Female Voice pack demos, so you can compare both Female Voices, Yamaha`s and the one I coverted.

Please give your opinion!  :o

•  

pamela

Hi Eduardo, I will try them on my keyboard, which is in another part of the house, but thank you, you are an angel... Pam :D :D
  •  

epereirajle

Thank you Pam!  

Here are the TVNs, for TY2 and TY3 (after conversion).

After loaded,  some minor adjustments are needed:

at COMMON tab you adjust Touch sense (depth = 35 and offset = 95)

at EFFECT/EQ tab put some reverb (I put around 50 for both voices) and a little bit of chorus (about 8)

For gregorian voice Rever can be higher (until about 90) for deeper sounding, but I prefer about 50.

For gregorian I changed 1 octave up and also increased keyrange of first and last sample until it reached full keyboard.

For Female voice some minor adjstment at keyrange is needed to have full keyboard sound.

Please see below TVN files.

Best Regards! :)

•  

Ernst

Hi Folks,
             I wonder if anyone can help. I down loaded
the Female voices and put them on my H/D.(Tyros 3) When I try
to Asign them, I get a message saying "SOP OHS AM2.S999.UVN
is of an unsupported format" Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Ernst
  •  

tomtomsf

Hi Eduardo

Very interesting and nice. Your female voice sounds more pure, richer, more reverb. But, I also like the Yamaha female voice, even though it is thinner. Truth is, both voices begin to sound less convincing the more they get played. At least to me. A few notes here and there, and they are a good imitation of a woman singing. Play them longer, and they start to sound more synthesized.

I definitely appreciate you posting this. It is very nice of you to share your version with us.

Tom G.

Quote from: epereirajle on October 02, 2011, 02:14:43 AM
Dear Friends,

I bought yesterday the Yamaha Pack Female Voices and after I tried it at my KB, I found the 2 voices so-so, too syhthetic and had the feeling I wasted my money.

So I decided to try to convert a good Female Voice and I got this I'm sharing with you.

I hope you like :)

By the way, I also converted again the Gregorian voice but with more samples version, so it's better quality than previous. You can hear both at the demo song and acapella.

Ohh, I recorded twice, one with Yamaha Female Voice and other with my conversion in order we can compare both.

Please give your opinion :)

Always when I make a new good conversion I will share here.

Greetings from Brazil!

Eduardo  :D

Here are the voices for TY4 and please see below the demos!! (For TY2 TVN please see below (can be converted to TY3))

•  

epereirajle

Thank you Tom!

You are right, actually these voices are made to work good only in 1 or 2 octaves at maximum.

The one I posted simulates an opera singer voice (SOP), that is made for higher notes until its starts sound fake.

Lower notes don't even work, but the first and last sample is used in a wide range of the KB in order not to have NO SOUND keys.

The only way we could have more realistic voices would be having different samples for each note, that would result in a 70MB voice or more (not interesting), since one sample has about 1MB. This one has 14 samples only, concentrated to those 2 octaves it work better. The octaves lower and higher it is just changed the pitch of the first and last sample that makes it sould fake. It happens to most internal voices as you know.

That's why VSTs can be better than internal voices from keyboards, because the size is not a problem. We can find for example a very authentical piano voice with more than 2GB, where every note in all 7 octaves has a unique sample and also each note is multilayer that sounds different according the strenght you play.

I though yamaha version more unreal (sinthetic to my taste), but can be used depending on the song.

I also think they can be used only in specific situations, similar to ther TY similar voices.

Anyway, I'm happy with the result I got converting this voice from Symphony Of Voices VST limited to 13MB.  There are some other good voices to be converted. I need to check one by one to see which are usable, but my time is short lately.

Did you check the other voice I posted?  It sound very nice mainly for L part (neet to change octave to -1 or -2 to work correctly in L part)

Best regards!

Eduardo
  •  

epereirajle

Hi ERNST,

Since I converted to TY4,  tweaked it and save it again, I'm afraid it don't work in TY3 because it seems UVN saved from TY4 has some differences from TY3 UVN.

So you can use the TVN version I also posted and convert it to TY3 and you will have a workable version in your KB.

Please see the instructions in my other topic about Gregorian Voices I posted some time ago.

Best regards!
  •  

Ernst

Hi epereirajle,
                       Many thanks for your reply.
I will do as you say and download the TNV's.
Many regards
                   Ernst
  •  

tomtomsf

Hi Eduardo

Thank you for your explanation. It all makes good sense. I have not yet had the chance to try either of your voices on my T4. I may not get a chance until the weekend. I appreciate you taking the time to explain and share with us.

Tom G.

Quote from: epereirajle on October 02, 2011, 09:13:58 PM
Thank you Tom!

You are right, actually these voices are made to work good only in 1 or 2 octaves at maximum.

The one I posted simulates an opera singer voice (SOP), that is made for higher notes until its starts sound fake.

Lower notes don't even work, but the first and last sample is used in a wide range of the KB in order not to have NO SOUND keys.

The only way we could have more realistic voices would be having different samples for each note, that would result in a 70MB voice or more (not interesting), since one sample has about 1MB. This one has 14 samples only, concentrated to those 2 octaves it work better. The octaves lower and higher it is just changed the pitch of the first and last sample that makes it sould fake. It happens to most internal voices as you know.

That's why VSTs can be better than internal voices from keyboards, because the size is not a problem. We can find for example a very authentical piano voice with more than 2GB, where every note in all 7 octaves has a unique sample and also each note is multilayer that sounds different according the strenght you play.

I though yamaha version more unreal (sinthetic to my taste), but can be used depending on the song.

I also think they can be used only in specific situations, similar to ther TY similar voices.

Anyway, I'm happy with the result I got converting this voice from Symphony Of Voices VST limited to 13MB.  There are some other good voices to be converted. I need to check one by one to see which are usable, but my time is short lately.

Did you check the other voice I posted?  It sound very nice mainly for L part (neet to change octave to -1 or -2 to work correctly in L part)

Best regards!

Eduardo
  •  

epereirajle

You are welcome Tom and Ernst!  :D

When I have more converted voices I will post here for sure.

The process is very easy, anybody could do it.

The more difficult is to find samples with compatible format to be converted and that are interesting to be used.  These are NKI Kontakt 3 format.

Regards!!
  •  

peterm

•  

henrytheking

Hi ! Epereirijle ! would you please help me to convert some bass voices from Korg pa 800 to Tyros 3 ?
or tell me where can I download the software to do the job ?  thank you very much .
I really love the bass voices of the korg pa 800 . I have tried all kind of the bass on my tyros but it doesn't sound good like korg
thank you and looking forward to haring from you . sorry my english is very bad
  •