@Ron - style that glitched out (re Korg Forum)

Started by pax-eterna, July 03, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pax-eterna

Hey Ron,

this is the link : http://createsongstyles.com/index.php?topic=32888.msg71656#msg71656 I also tried several of the country style packs (Song based) and it was those that threw the "Not A PA Style" message. The Croc Rock one threw the "Device Generic Error"

Dennis
  •  

admin

Thanks Dennis

Was this an isolated incident,  or are you finding a consistent pattern with errors ( Korg errors )

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

pax-eterna

Hey Ron,

All I can comment on is that most of the styles I have tried from the Song Based section that are "stand-alone" styles, IE not actually in a .SET format have had issues. I take them and then "wrap" them into a proper .SET folder,  then try to load them in - one at a time. I never load full .set folders unless they are original factory ones, haha!

The ones (not many I have to admit) that are already in the correct  .SET format don't seem to have as many issues (if indeed any)

Dennis
  •  

admin

Dennis

I really would like to take advantage of your expertise....... I am tempted to remove all  ".sty" because I really cannot check anything in "Korg land"  because I do not have a Korg anymore .

Any negativity on any subject in CSS, I always like to remove.  So my logic is to delete !!!!

Please advise

Ron

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

pax-eterna

Yeah, I hear what you are saying, but sometimes a little criticism helps others who may not even realise that what they post (with the very best of intentions!!) may not be quite right.

My view, at this stage would be for you to post a big notice on the section that all Korg Style files must be uploaded in the correct format, IE - wrapped in the proper Korg .SET structure.
Also, and I'm not  sure if you can manage this, but maybe put a hold on korg style uploads till you check they are indeed in .set format. Or alternatively maybe (on the Korg child forum only) to actually block/filter any upload attempt with a file ending in .sty?

I suspect a few of these may even be conversions from other formats (probs using the Style Works app - which is pretty ordinary to say the least, haha imo!)

FWIW m8, that is my 2c hahaha!

Dennis
  •