Natural

Started by montage, May 24, 2017, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjF6nR7Oj8

"Put Your Arms Around Me" is the debut single performed by American boyband Natural. The single was a success in America, Germany and the UK.

The group teamed up with Claire's to sell the single in their United States stores as a $1 item with a $12 purchase. This allowed "Put Your Arms Around Me" to reach #1 on Billboard's Sales charts, but it still failed to hit top 40. Natural continued promoting the single via a Mall tour in conjunction with JC Penney as well as various low tier music chart shows, such as then FOX Family Countdown and Nickelodeon's 'You Pick' live. "Put Your Arms Around Me" mainly had radio play in their hometown Orlando, but failed to really make an impact elsewhere.

For unknown reason, the official single was released after the promotional blitz ended. This would be one of only two official Natural singles released in the US. After the initial success with Claire's, they decided to release the single in Germany where many boybands had success. The single and the band both became a huge success peaking at #12.

The buzz from the single helped their debut album Keep It Natural peak at #2 soon after. "Put Your Arms Around Me" is one of the few songs on Keep It Natural to suffer some censorship. The original chorus lyric went Come lay down beside me though some video versions feature the lyric as Always be beside me. It is not clear why the lyric was changed. During an interview on NBC with Billy Bush, he had teased the group that the chorus lyrics 'I'll be here till the dawn meets the day' was risque yet that line was never changed.
  •