Kelly Family

Started by kastelfan, August 11, 2009, 06:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kastelfan

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Kelly Family is an Irish-American-European music group consisting of a multi-generational family, usually consisting of nine siblings joined occasionally on stage in their earlier years by their father and mother. They played a repertoire of rock, pop, and folk music. They had chart and concert success around the world, especially in Germany, the Benelux countries, Scandinavia, Poland, Spain and Portugal.

They have sold over 20 million albums since the early 1980s. The Kelly Family was ranked as the 6th most popular music act in Germany in the 1990s. Despite its American origins, the group is virtually unknown in the United States. They have sung in English, Spanish, German and Basque.

For many years, the group presented a ragamuffin image and a vagabonding lifestyle, travelling around Europe in a double-decker bus and houseboat. Their image was enhanced by their eclectic and often homemade clothing, and the very long hair worn by both male and female members of the band.

The Kelly Family began to break up in 2000 and afterwards they performed mostly as individuals or sub-sets of the full group and took on a more mainstream look.

The patriarch of the family, Daniel Kelly Sr., has been described as a "grizzled, ageing druid aesthetic", but according to his daughter Kathy he was in earlier days "a clean-cut, intense conservative Catholic" who studied for the priesthood. He married his first wife, Joanne, in 1957, and the couple left their native United States in 1965 with their children Daniel Jr., Caroline, Kathleen and Paul, and settled in Spain, where Daniel opened an antiques shop.

Daniel Kelly and Joanne separated, and Joanne returned to the US with Daniel Jr., who had a disability.[citation needed] In 1970, Kelly married Barbara Ann Suokko. Daniel and Barbara had eight children, with the eldest, John, born in 1967, and the youngest, Angelo in 1981. The children were homeschooled and given lessons in music and dance.

In 1974, the older children, Caroline, Daniel, Kathy and Paul, formed The Kelly Kids, at first busking, then performing at parties and local events. They became well-known enough that they appeared on Spanish television in 1975. The band was joined by the younger members of the family as they matured and learned to play musical instruments.

The band's popularity increased in Spain, with several performances on television and in circuses. In 1976, they went on tour as The Kelly Family, in Italy, Germany and The Netherlands. Their money was stolen during the tour and, penniless, they had to busk on the streets to earn enough for the return trip home.

The family moved to Ireland, living at a campground and touring there in 1977. Then, in 1978, they toured again in their hallmark double-decker bus. (They later lived on a large houseboat.) Daniel and Barbara Kelly joined their children for performances, Barbara often performing with a baby in her arms.

In 1977, they landed a record contract in Germany. Their first major chart hit came in 1980, with the song "Who'll Come With Me (David's Song)", with John Kelly, aged 12, singing the solo. The song, with a Gaelic melody by Vladimir Cosma, was the theme to a German television production The Adventures of David Balfour, based on Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. The song hit number 1 in the Netherlands and Belgium, and it reached the top 20 in Germany.

Barbara Kelly died of breast cancer in 1982, shortly after the birth of the youngest child, Angelo. Her last words to her family were "Keep on singing!" The band continued to record, Daniel Kelly having formed his own recording company in 1980. As the older members of the family reached adulthood, Caroline and Paul left the band, Caroline to study nursing and Paul to become a chef. In 1990, Daniel Kelly suffered a stroke, but he remained fairly active in the group through the 1990s.

•  

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

The Kelly Family is an Irish-American-European music group consisting of a multi-generational family, usually consisting of nine siblings joined occasionally on stage in their earlier years by their father and mother. They played a repertoire of rock, pop, and folk music. They had chart and concert success around the world, especially in Germany, the Benelux countries, Scandinavia, Poland, Spain and Portugal.

They have sold over 20 million albums since the early 1980s. The Kelly Family was ranked as the 6th most popular music act in Germany in the 1990s. Despite its American origins, the group is virtually unknown in the United States. They have sung in English, Spanish, German and Basque.

For many years, the group presented a ragamuffin image and a vagabonding lifestyle, travelling around Europe in a double-decker bus and houseboat. Their image was enhanced by their eclectic and often homemade clothing, and the very long hair worn by both male and female members of the band.

The Kelly Family began to break up in 2000 and afterwards they performed mostly as individuals or sub-sets of the full group and took on a more mainstream look.

The patriarch of the family, Daniel Kelly Sr., has been described as a "grizzled, ageing druid aesthetic", but according to his daughter Kathy he was in earlier days "a clean-cut, intense conservative Catholic" who studied for the priesthood. He married his first wife, Joanne, in 1957, and the couple left their native United States in 1965 with their children Daniel Jr., Caroline, Kathleen and Paul, and settled in Spain, where Daniel opened an antiques shop.

Daniel Kelly and Joanne separated, and Joanne returned to the US with Daniel Jr., who had a disability.[citation needed] In 1970, Kelly married Barbara Ann Suokko. Daniel and Barbara had eight children, with the eldest, John, born in 1967, and the youngest, Angelo in 1981. The children were homeschooled and given lessons in music and dance.

In 1974, the older children, Caroline, Daniel, Kathy and Paul, formed The Kelly Kids, at first busking, then performing at parties and local events. They became well-known enough that they appeared on Spanish television in 1975. The band was joined by the younger members of the family as they matured and learned to play musical instruments.

The band's popularity increased in Spain, with several performances on television and in circuses. In 1976, they went on tour as The Kelly Family, in Italy, Germany and The Netherlands. Their money was stolen during the tour and, penniless, they had to busk on the streets to earn enough for the return trip home.

The family moved to Ireland, living at a campground and touring there in 1977. Then, in 1978, they toured again in their hallmark double-decker bus. (They later lived on a large houseboat.) Daniel and Barbara Kelly joined their children for performances, Barbara often performing with a baby in her arms.

In 1977, they landed a record contract in Germany. Their first major chart hit came in 1980, with the song "Who'll Come With Me (David's Song)", with John Kelly, aged 12, singing the solo. The song, with a Gaelic melody by Vladimir Cosma, was the theme to a German television production The Adventures of David Balfour, based on Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. The song hit number 1 in the Netherlands and Belgium, and it reached the top 20 in Germany.

Barbara Kelly died of breast cancer in 1982, shortly after the birth of the youngest child, Angelo. Her last words to her family were "Keep on singing!" The band continued to record, Daniel Kelly having formed his own recording company in 1980. As the older members of the family reached adulthood, Caroline and Paul left the band, Caroline to study nursing and Paul to become a chef. In 1990, Daniel Kelly suffered a stroke, but he remained fairly active in the group through the 1990s.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGGVIkcyWU

"An Angel" is a song by European-American pop group The Kelly Family.

It was produced by Kathy Kelly and Hartmut Pfannmüller for their eighth regular studio album Over the Hump (1994) and features lead vocals by Angelo and Paddy Kelly. Paddy Kelly wrote the song for his mother, Barbara Kelly, who died in 1982.

The song was also covered by Declan Galbraith and is the first single and the opening track of his album Thank You (2006).
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

•  

admin

•  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIHVyP-57U4

A special Song Request for this great song

The style is not the original song style but i think this style is great for the song
  •  

Organplayer

The Kelly Family - Fell In Love With An Alien
I have a new way of showing my work.

it is a test but it tel the people how everything will sound if you use my sets

I will make a demo of the song  so you can hear how the song must be played and how it will sound together this is a complete new way of chair my sets with the people

This will be the first song so i want do it.
click on the link for the demo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q0f6Z0VBFLujar22bNvSnbg5rMfI7fP3/view?usp=sharing

This style i have change complete the original you will not rekenist everything in the style is change

I have done this on the Genos but you also can do it almost every Yamaha keyboard you can change

Try and tel me what you think of it
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1viSfRzI8to

And again A special song Request and a little demo how the song sound with the style i place

And again a really great style complete change  for this nice song i never hear this song before

A little demo how the song will sound and  as a complete set

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oNSxTX01ijFNaCpwyaIBIRP8HL0whcCF/view?usp=sharing
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGGVIkcyWU

A song Request for this nice song i not know  but the song is ok
  •