Files all returning a " Not A PA File" message ?

Started by pax-eterna, June 26, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pax-eterna

So far I have tried about 25 styles from the Korg section and all return the "This Is Not a PA File" message when I try to load them to the user folders.

PA4x and OS 2.10

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?
  •  

pax-eterna

cool, thanks...wish there was some way the posters could list in the post it is a pa1x or earlier file.

Although, apparently the PA4 can still load i30 styles...check over at the Korg Forums
  •  

pax-eterna

Yeah, all good :) it is what it is.

I really need some additional (quality) country styles as the ones on the PA4 (the decent ones)  are few. And nearly all the additional styles korg release are "dance" based.

Anyhoo, again thanks for your input and help it was appreciated. The hunt continues haha!

Not sure I have the time to go through every style here to see if it works or not!
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

pax-eterna

Quote from: Yamaha on June 27, 2018, 01:00:52 PM
You Know the Pa4x is a beautiful keyboard but the make it not really compatible whit the pax1  pax2 pax 3 and go on and on

That is one of the point i go back to Yamaha, i have now the Genos , he eat everything, every style will work.

but what i can do for you i have so much Korg files from all the series i can give it to you , but i have really no idea what will work in the pa4x

can i ask you something

are you a professional player of a house player for fun  ????????

Maybe i can give some advice to you . what you can do i have also done it ,

and question 2 why you love the korg keyboards so much can you give me a answer on it.

I try to help you , dont think what i say you must do, no you must do what you want.

But i have done it i have every pa x serie before from korg

Tell me if you want my help if not it is also ok.

Grt Rob

thanks but truly it is all fine. I've been playing pro for about 30+ years solo and in bands. Have had a PA1,2 3 and now 4.  Weird thing is I have loaded files from my saved PA1/2 factory styles and they seem to work, although I have not tried them since this thing started happening.

The PA series is far better (imo) for live work and the Songbook is not matched anywhere on ANY keyboard, let alone arrangers!
  •  

pax-eterna

•  

pax-eterna

Just as an update - I tried loading some PA3 styles I have stored and it still spits the same message "Not A PA File" so I think this is a bug in the system now!
  •  

pax-eterna

Update: I ran the OS 2.2 upd and same result. I even tried loading styles from the latest Korg Factory bonus styles (for the PA4x - eg styles vol 30)  same result - "Not a PA File"

Something major is wrong here I think.
  •  

pax-eterna

I got it working again by deleting out all the style banks and re-loading them via a restore function.

It now loads PA1 thru PA3 styles as well as the i30 ones too :)

I am now suspecting it was one of the styles from Create Song Styles that caused the issue. So I 'll be avoiding them from now on I think haha!
  •  

montage

Ok that is better than the problem is fix , if you happy i am happy .

But i still remember that my pa4x also always say this is not a pa file.

It means one bad file and the pa 4x not recognizes The other files anymore.

That i dont know , but you see we always learn from eats other.

And i see you love your machine , everybody thinks different and that is good,

I know from the people on stage That korg is the best machines to use on stage.

good luck with the pa4x

Grt Rob

•