Massimo Ranieri

Started by Geno, January 05, 2017, 02:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Massimo Ranieri, pseudonym of John Calone (Naples, May 3, 1951), is a singer, actor, television personality, theater director, voice actor and showman Italian.

It is mostly a stage actor and pop singer, but it is manufactured for a time even in the cinema, as an actor with few roles, and occasionally in the dubbing. [1] With over fourteen million records sold, it is among Italians artists who have sold the most records in the world [2]. During his career he has published 31 albums, 23 studio, live 4 and 4 collected and 36 singles.
The fifth of eight children, John, as he was known in the family, grows in the district Lob in Saint Lucia, Neapolitan popular area of ​​the elegant district of St. Ferdinand, living in a very poor house with only one room on the fifth floor of an old building, and already as a child makes a living doing odd jobs (baker's boy, bellboy, a shop boy, salesman, bartender and entertainer in ceremonies). As a child is forced by the greatest singing for tourists. But since he does not want, the companions took him by force on a rock and he is forced to perform because they can not swim and has to wait that bring back to the mainland. In regard then he recounts: "My voice did, raggranellavano many pennies and I touched a part. Then I ended up in a bar and even there I sang for customers."
  •  

Geno

Perdere l'amore - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O43sIvgtSY

Perdere l'amore is a song sung by Massimo Ranieri, winner of the Sanremo Festival 1988. During the years when the Festival of the vote was tied to the Totip competition, this song won the most votes and the best separation from second classified. The song was also ranked first in Italy for five consecutive weeks.

It was written by Marcello Marrocchi and Giampiero Artegiani. Presented to the selections of the previous year's Festival, the interpretation of Gianni Nazzaro, was discarded; Nazzaro took issue over the years following this decision, which considered it contradictory and partial.

The song, along with the victory, he was able to revive Ranieri in music, after they had spent at least the last two decades theatrical activity. The interpretation, not only voice but also facial expressions, which he gave during the Sanremo performances, resented his actor's mood and helped to express the theme of the song itself, which speaks of a painful separation experienced by a man no longer young. The success over the years made this song perhaps the most acclaimed by the public, during his live concerts, according to the same Ranieri.

The B-side of the single was Where is the poet, written by the same authors, and also part of the album that would come out of there in a month, with the same title of the individual.

The introduction to the piano, became famous because it already takes up the theme of the chorus is played by Sergio Conforti, real name Rocco tank, keyboardist Elio e le Storie Tese. The arrangement of the song as the album Losing Love, is Lucio Fabbri. The sax solo before the last chorus is played by Paul Panigada, real name Feiez, saxophonist and multi-instrumentalist of the same Elio e le Storie Tese [1].

Lara Fabian and Di Quinto Rocco have recorded two cover versions of Losing love.
  •  

Geno

Rose Rosse - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJflYDnlh8g&list=RDdJflYDnlh8g#t=47

The album was released in January of 1970, and follows the participation of Ranieri Canzonissima 1969 with If you burn the city, the song that the event is ranked in third place and is present in this album together at the back, Rita.

The disc collects some songs already known artist because it published on 45 laps, namely Pity for those who love you, Rose red and cry you cry Boy (1968), My love is always Teresa (1969 B-side had " recycled "Rose red) When love becomes poetry, presented in conjunction with Orietta Berti in the Sanremo Festival in 1969.

Completing the five disc unpublished: You speak my heart, Tony Del Monaco 1967 success, Magic and You become love, even those previously recorded by Del Monaco, But love is this, written by Giancarlo Del Monaco with more Guardabassi , and one of the famous' O sole mio version, which Ranieri reinciderà on other occasions; the latter two songs will be published later on 45 laps.

The arrangements are taken care of by Master Enrico Polito, except you my heart speaks, arranged by Master Elvio Monti.
  •  

Geno

Quando l'amore diventa poesia - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyW9A6xU1VU

Quando l'amore diventa poesia of the Sanremo Festival 1969
Massimo Ranieri - Orietta Berti
other performers
Aphrodite's Child - Claudio Villa - Milva
  •  

Geno

'O Surdato 'Nnammurato - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaeqZ6__F7k

'O surdato' nnammurato is the fourth album of the Italian singer Massimo Ranieri; it is also his first live album.
Joined January 23, 1972 at the Teatro Sistina in the Music show of Rome yes 2, the disc contains a series of interpretations of songs of the Neapolitan tradition.

The factory only took charge Maestro Enrico Polito, who also supervised the arrangements and conducted the orchestra; lead guitar was played by Master Toto Savio (who is also the only musician quoted on the back cover).

The recording was made by the International Recording studio; the sound engineer is Giorgio Agazzi and assistants are the record Gianni Daldello and Mauro Chiari (formerly of Black Sheep component).

The only song that Ranieri had already recorded is' O sole mio, in his album debut of Massimo Ranieri; the disc was made into the 45 'O surdato' nnammurato / Lacreme napulitane.

On the cover there is a picture of Massimo Ranieri with a military uniform of World War I, from the film The chanteuse Alfredo Giannetti, where Ranieri had starred with Anna Magnani: just in this film, in a famous scene, Magnani had sang his own version of 'O surdato' nnammurato, song Ranieri plays on this album, which takes its title.

The cover of the album is opened, and inside contains the texts of all the songs and a dedication to the singer's father, with a thank you for having made known the Neapolitan musical tradition. The texts listed on the inside cover differ in many points from the texts actually sung by the artist, in particular the songs' O zampugnaro 'nnammurato and' O sole mio Massimo Ranieri does not sing a verse completely, perhaps forgetfulness or perhaps because cut audio post production phase.
  •  

Geno

Se bruciasse la città - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3oeDg6SdMQ

The album is published in January 1970, and follows the participation of Ranieri in Canzonissima 1969 with Se bruciasse the city, a song that ranks third in the event and is contained in this album along with the back, Rita.
  •  

Geno

Lacreme Napulitane - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97mwHcjhb8

Written by Libero Bovio and music by Francesco Buongiovanni, the song was presented for the first time by Gennaro Pasquariello in 1925, dealing with the theme of Italian emigration abroad. In a short time the song became very popular, it also gave birth to a drama. In the years 70/80 Mario Merola makes it his workhorse, bringing both the song and the drama throughout Italy and abroad. Merola as well as taking care of the theatrical representation, would also take her to the cinema, directed by Ciro Ippolito.
  •  

Geno

Erba di casa mia - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6n7bka6D9o

Erba di casa mia is a song, recorded by Massimo Ranieri in 1972 and winner of the edition of Canzonissima of that year

With Erba di casa mia, Massimo Ranieri won "Canzonissima 1972", triumphing in front of The world will change, sung by Gianni Morandi: for the Neapolitan singer, it was the second affirmation in the program combined with the Italian Lottery, after the one obtained in 1970 with Vent 'years.

As stated by himself, that year Ranieri had gone to Canzonissima to win (not lacking even the superstition, so that the singer showed up in the race wearing the same tuxedo two years earlier) and the accumulated tension was such that, after the proclamation by Pippo Baudo, the singer was seized by a slight illness.
  •  

Geno

Vent'anni - Massimo Ranieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIf7et701IU

Twenty years ... is the second album of the Italian singer Massimo Ranieri.

The album was released in December 1970, and also contains the song that the singer presents in Canzonissima 1970, Twenty years, ranking in first place. The song also reaches the first place in the classification of 45 laps for 8 weeks.

The album does not contain the back, I will not have, but it contains some of the songs previously published on 45 rpm: The arms of love / Candida, You are my love / Make me what you want, Dream of love / My dear evanescent and pure love.

A cover of A Salty Dog by Procol Harum, The sailor (already engraved by the Beans and the Brothers), a version of Can not be read in the heart, success written by Franco Califano and Totò Savio for Showmen, Campanino and Jacky Salvi, and Aranjuez my love (here, however, entitled The concert of Aranjuez), song that uses for the melody part of the theme of the movement Adagio del Concierto de Aranjuez of 1939 by Joaquín Rodrigo (operation already carried out in 1967 by Fabrizio De André in his album Volume I with the title Dear Love).
  •  

admin

Italian - MASSIMO RANIERI - ROSE ROSSE
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil