Previous topic - Next topic

zdzis

Hi Dreamer,
thank you,supper Demos
Zdzis
  •  

thomas

Hi Dreamer
Great Demos,I have been looking at the Audya ,and this instrument is the next best thing to the korgpa2x,it has a better organ sound than the Korg and is very similar to the wersi ox drawbars
is the Audyas main body metal like pa2x or plastic like  the pa800 ? Ill have to go and see one

•  

Dreamer

Thomas,
the Audya feels a lot like the PA2X Pro, but I cannot tell if it's metal or platic.
  •  

Henni

Hi Dreamer,

Thank you for those links! I cannot wait to lay my hands onto my very own Audya.

Regards,
Henni
  •  

mrniceaneasy

Thanks for the links Andrea.  I have to admit that what I've seen so far has not impressed me. :(  I'll be sticking with my Korg. :)
  •  

Dreamer

Well Keith, I can't blame you; I was hoping for a price around 3000 euros, like the one advertised some time ago by Synthplanet, but now even they quote a price of about 3600 euros and hope to get the Audya around May. Frankly, 3600 euros seem way too much; at this point I can only hope that Ketron will reconsider their prices.  >:(
I understand that research and development cost, but my feeling is that they are putting this keyboard out of the market; aside from that, there are other considerations, like the 64 Mb non-expandable memory (my PA2X has 256 Mb), the slow USB connection (1.1) and so on, not to mention all the problems that are already being reported by actual users on italian websites.
  •  

mrniceaneasy

Hi Andrea. Yes I agree with you. Audya has been coming for so long now that the development of other keyboards have outstripped it in some ways. Too little too late even though it uses real drum and guitar samples. We can add our own samples to the Korg pa if we wish and of course the 256 mb of memory - only 64 mb on the Audya. Not a lot to add samples to. Take for example Rob Sherratt's Piano that he has done for the Korg Community -71 mb.  :) Would'nt even fit into Audya's Ram as one sample.  :(  Leave's us plenty of room to play with on the pa2x though. Even the pa800 has 64 mb onboard Ram.

I've also seen your list of updates that Audya needed. Wow! That's some list!  ???

I think Ketron have 'missed the boat' on the Audya.. ???
  •