Savage Garden

Started by admin, June 17, 2017, 11:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Savage Garden was an Australian pop duo consisting of Darren Hayes as vocalist and Daniel Jones as instrumentalist.

Formed in Logan City, Queensland, in 1993, the duo achieved international success in the late 1990s and early 2000s with the number-one hit singles "I Want You", "To the Moon and Back", "Truly Madly Deeply", "The Animal Song" and "I Knew I Loved You". The band's two studio albums, Savage Garden and Affirmation reached number one in Australia and peaked in the top ten in both the United Kingdom and United States. Their two studio albums have sold 23 million copies worldwide.

The group won a record number of ten ARIA Music Awards in 1997 for their debut album and its related singles. They disbanded in 2001 and Hayes continued as a solo artist.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnAxOQxQIU

"Truly Madly Deeply" is a song by Australian pop band Savage Garden, released as the third single from their self-titled debut album in March 1997 by Columbia Records, Roadshow Music and Sony Records.

It won the 1997 ARIA Music Award for Single of the Year and Highest Selling Single along it nominated for ARIA Music Award for Song of the Year. Written by bandmates Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones, the song is a reworking of a song called "Magical Kisses" that the pair wrote together long before recording began on their debut album. It was used as the main theme from the soundtrack of the 1998 film Music from Another Room, starring Jude Law and Gretchen Mol.

The song reached number one in Australia in 1997 and in the United States the following year. Two music videos were filmed for the trackā€”one for its original Australian release, and another for the international market shot in Paris.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD8KvL1aFNQ

"To the Moon and Back" is a song by Australian pop duo Savage Garden. It was released in Australia on 4 November 1996 as the second single from their self titled 1997 album. It was the follow up to their hit "I Want You". It won the 1997 ARIA Music Award for Song of the Year. The song became a Top 3 hit on the UK Singles Chart, and a Top 25 hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and was also the band's first number one in its native country.

While it did not have the success in America that "I Want You" did, the runaway success of its follow up "Truly Madly Deeply" inspired Savage Garden and Columbia Records to remix "To the Moon and Back" and release it again in 1998.
  •  

admin

•