Ricchi e Poveri

Started by Geno, January 06, 2017, 03:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Ricchi e Poveri are an Italian band, artistically born in 1968 in Genoa.

Italians are among artists with the most records sold: with more than 22 million copies,  are the second Italian team for sales, behind the Pooh, you are first. In the seventies and eighties several of their singles have topped the Italian charts  and international . Represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest 1978 with the song This Love and attended many of Sanremo Festival to twice the second place, in 1970 and 1971, and the first in 1985 with the song If I fall in love. Among their best-known pieces two of the pieces brought to the festival: What will be, in 1971, and will be because I love you, 1981. In addition, some of their songs (among which I wish, but little love, confetti on us) were chosen as a popular television shows acronyms. Other known songs Mamma Maria, M'innamoro you and Voulez vous danser.

The group, which fell then in a trio and finally to a duo, founded originally as polyphonic quartet, formed by two male voices and two female voices, in the tradition of American vocal groups. In initial formation, three out of four components of Genoese origin. The original members are in fact: Franco Gatti (Genoa, October 4, 1942); Angela Brambati (Genoa, October 20, 1947); Marina occhiena (Genoa, 19 March 1950); and the Sardinian Angelo Sotgiu (Trinita d'Agultu, February 22, 1946), born in the province of Sassari and moved with his family in Genoa at the age of sixteen months .

The quartet stands out for the particular vocal style, based interweaving of four different voices, bass, respectively, tenor, alto and soprano. Franco, dubbed the "whisker", has a deep voice from the bottom as opposed to Angelo, the "blond", with an excellent extension to the high notes. To these are added the two female voices: that of the "brunette" Angela, known for his sharp brightly, and that of Marina, able to switch from a major natural voice and calm at particularly high notes issued in falsetto. Their formula is to mix pop music with Italian melodic harmonies that are inspired by the sounds of American complexes of that period.
  •  

Geno

Mamma Maria - Ricchi e Poveri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRM75eU7Uk

Mamma Maria is a solo album released by Italian musical trio of Rich and Poor in 1982 for Baby Records.
It is the second album of unreleased studio published by rich and poor as a trio, after leaving the group of marina occhiena (fourth member of the band, from the beginning, in 1967, to the seventies, until 1981). The work, published in 1982, is the third published by the label Baby Records (the second was And I think of you in 1981, by which rich and poor had started the adventure in three - and the decade of the eighties - while the first, the season of love, 1980, he could still see the participation of blonde Marina).

From the album is extracted, as a promotional single, the song that opens the second side of the long-playing, Small Love (TV theme song of 'Portobello'), entered on the A side of a 45 rpm, whose side B is made by hand closing song of the LP, Because it takes love.

The album contains 10 tracks, 3 of which are well known. First, the popular title track, Mamma Maria, danceable song, which opens the A-side, the text, musical and lyrical rhyme, is almost like a kind of babbling ( "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mam -ria-but "...), it made with the universal syllable 'but', first uttered by almost all children. Then, of course, the single little love - which opens the B-side of the 33 laps - chosen as the new theme song of the popular TV program "Portobello", presented by Enzo Tortora, he Genoese, like Angela and Franco (the previous year, program had as its theme song the ballad How I wish, another piece of the band, album and I think of you). Finally, less known than the other two, but without a doubt the most known of the rest of the album, the third track of side A, Magnificent evening, on the soundtrack of the movie I'm sorry if it is little, which automatically promotes also the song of the group. Other songs known, but still less popular, are Loving each other a bit 'and there I'm fine.

The album, mostly written by historians authors of Rich and Poor, Cristiano Minellono and Dario Farina (in which the three members of the band, occasionally active in the composition of the pieces, appearing only as interpreters), while proving a great success, both nationally and internationally, especially with the three songs mentioned, it does not reach the figures of the previous 33 laps, and i think of you, driven by the irresistible will be because i love you (5th place at the Sanremo Festival and best-selling single of 1981) and the other 3 singles (M'innamoro you, Made in Italy and the aforementioned I wish.) [1]

Two tracks from the album are composed, respectively, the one with the collaboration of Pupo, aka Enzo Ghinazzi (who writes, with Farina and Minellono, the piece that closes the Side A, Venice), and the other with the cooperation Paul Barabani, young rookie singer, who became a noted right at the Sanremo Festival in 1981, the same year will be because I love you, with the catchphrase hop hop donkey (who signs here the penultimate song, Fortissimo, together with Farina and Gian Piero Reverberi, another regular contributor of the band).

While the choir members are all Italian, the musicians are all foreigners, and among these, one can not help noticing, on guitar, another old acquaintance of the group: Mats Bjorklund, who had arranged "The season of love", l ' last album of rich and poor as a quartet in 1980.

In 1983, the album was released in the Spanish edition, again on a label Baby Records. Of the ten titles, unchanged order on both sides of vinyl, only the single but little love, while being interpreted in Spanish, is translated into words, but it remains in the original Italian. Adaptations to adhere perfectly to the starting tracks; only slight difference, the yield of Loving each other a bit ', which in Spanish becomes Amar así (literally: "To love so").

In the same year, the long-playing, with the original version sung in Italian, is published in Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Greece, Czechoslovakia, Scandinavia, Chile, Mexico and Japan.

In terms of sales of their records and adding the various most popular songs not only abroad, the Rich Poor managed to sell five million copies in that year: two million in France, a million and one hundred thousand in Germany, eight hundred in South America, two hundred fifty thousand Swiss, a hundred thousand in the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Portugal and South Africa.
  •  

Geno

Sarà perchè ti amo - Ricchi e Poveri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wA_0lSxkG8

Sarà perchè ti amo is a single of the Rich and the Poor in 1981. Both songs, respectively, side A and side B, are taken from the album and I think of you, the first long-playing released by the band as a trio (the second for the label Baby Records).
  •  

Geno

Se M'innamoro - Ricchi e Poveri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1BR8-Jm474

If I fall in love / Mami Mami is a single from the Italian band Ricchi e Poveri, published in 1985 by the record label Baby Records.

The single has achieved good commercial success, reaching the sixth position of the Italian singles ranking. It has also been published in Germany (in the Italian version) and in Spain (in the Spanish version).

Both tracks of the disc are included later in the album Dimmi when, released at the end of the year.
  •  

Organplayer

A beautiful song and a great song style and  a song Request 

klik on the link for a Demo of the song make on my Genos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rgh70CQjG6mYCQ8s8ehuW6KdX4XM98hI/view?usp=sharing

Mamma Maria" is a song composed by Cristiano Minellono and Dario Farina and performed by the Europop group Ricchi e Poveri. The single was an international hit, which charted in Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Belgium.

The song was later covered by several artists, including María Abradelo, James Last, Franz Lambert, Willy Sommers and Grupa 777. In 2006 the success of the song revamped in Italy as it was used for a series of Parmigiano-Reggiano commercials.[1][2]

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil

admin

admin

Mama Maria X9

admin

:s_cool:
  •  

admin

:49: