Frankie Miller

Started by admin, June 28, 2017, 01:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Francis John Miller (born 2 November 1949) is a Scottish rock singer-songwriter,.

Miller wrote for and performed with many recording artists and is best known for his album Full House, the single "Darlin'" and his duet with Phil Lynott on the Thin Lizzy song "Still in Love with You". In 1978 Bob Seger remarked that Miller "was a huge influence" on him.

Miller, with elder sisters Letty and Anne, was raised in Colvend Street, Bridgeton in Glasgow, by his parents, Cathy and Frank. He played football for the school team and Harmony Row Boys Club, his love of football probably inherited from his maternal grandfather Archie Kyle who was signed to Glasgow Rangers FC. He attended Sacred Heart Primary School and was an altar boy at the Sacred Heart church.

He first became aware of rock and R&B through his mother's record collection. She had a fondness for Ray Charles while his sisters introduced him to Little Richard and Elvis Presley. He identified instinctively with Little Richard's flamboyant aggression, once saying "The music was alive, exciting, I loved it. I realised later that I could get my own aggression out through music. R&B and Soul Music, I just knew was what I really loved". He started writing songs at the age of nine after being given a guitar by his parents and wrote "I Can't Change It" when he was twelve years old, this song was later recorded by Ray Charles.

At 16 years of age, whilst still at school, Miller had his first audition in the Manhattan Club, Bridgeton, Glasgow, and was chosen in preference to Saul Byron to sing with The Deljaks. After a couple of years it was on to West Farm Cottage and then a soul outfit called Sock It To 'Em JB which featured good friend Jimmy Dewar.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gH4Fk-0W1A

"Darlin'" is a song written in 1970 by English sax player Stewart Oscar Blandamer.

There have been many recorded versions of the song, including those by David Rogers as a country song, and in a rock and blues version by Frankie Miller. Further famous versions were recorded by Tom Jones, Barbara Mandrell, Smokie and Johnny Reid.

Miller recorded the song in 1978 and had an international hit with it. It reached number 1 on the Norwegian Singles Chart, and 6 in the UK Singles Chart.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: peterm