Marianne Rosenberg

Started by admin, March 27, 2017, 11:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Marianne Rosenberg (born 10 March 1955) is a German Schlager music singer and songwriter.

She is of Roma and Sinti background. Her father, Otto, an Auschwitz death camp survivor, was an activist on Roma and Sinti issues. Her sister, Petra, also advocates for Roma issues.

Career
Rosenberg's musical career was consolidated throughout the 70s with hits such as "Fremder Mann" (Stranger), "Er gehört zu mir" (He belongs to me), "Ich bin wie Du" (I am like you), "Marleen", and "Lieder der Nacht" (Songs of the Night), often making appearances on TV and Radio. She is considered one of the most successful performers of German "Schlagers" in the decades to come. Her career underwent another revival in 1989 with the hit song "I need your love tonight" from the soundtrack Rivalen der Rennbahn (Racetrack Rivals), written by Dieter Bohlen.

Eurovision Song Contest
"Er gehört zu mir" was a finalist in the competition to select a Eurovision Song Contest entry for Germany in 1975 but was only placed tenth. Rosenberg's attempts to sing in Eurovision took a surprising turn in 1976 when she was shortlisted to represent Luxembourg with the song "Tout peut arriver au cinema". Although it didn't win, it went on to be a German hit under the title "Lieder der Nacht". In 1978, Rosenberg competed in the German heats again, and this time was placed seventh with "Nein, weinen werd' ich nicht" (No, I Won't Cry). Not so successful was her 1980 entry "Ich werd' da sein, wenn es Sturm gibt" (I'll Be There if There Is a Storm) which came twelfth (and last). Marianne Rosenberg's final challenge for Eurovision was in 1982 with the song "Blue Jeans Kinder", a ballad which took eighth place.

She also achieved chart success in other European countries, including Austria and the Netherlands. Rosenberg is also considered a gay icon in several countries, such as the Netherlands and her native Germany.

In 2004, Rosenberg re-released Marleen in a remixed version and with a new promotional video. The single reached No.33 on the official German Charts as compiled by Media Control. The follow-up single Er gehört zu mir reached No.77. Both singles were taken from her 2004 disco-flavoured album Für immer wie heute, which reached # 12 on the German Album charts.

In 2008, Rosenberg released her first jazz and chanson album, I'm a Woman.

In 2011 she released her first album with new music since Himmlisch in 2000. With Regenrhythmus she was trying to change her sound from being a German Schlager singer to more modern. She was very involved in the production of the album, and received very positive reviews for the result.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

admin

admin

admin

admin

admin

Marianne Rosenberg Medley X9

admin

Marleen (2004) Ty X9