La Bionda

Started by admin, April 10, 2017, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

La Bionda is an Italian musical duo formed by the brothers Carmelo and Michelangelo La Bionda. They are considered pioneers of the Italo disco music genre.

Carmelo and Michelangelo La Bionda's family was originally from Sicily(Ramacca) but they grew up in Milan. They debuted as songwriters with "Primo sole, primo fiore", a piece the pop band Ricchi e Poveri presented at the Song Festival in Venice in 1970. They also wrote "Neve bianca, Amica, Gentile se vuoi" for the Italian female singer Mia Martini, and "Piccolo uomo" with Bruno Lauzi (lyrics). Michelangelo La Bionda also did some session work. In 1975 he played acoustic guitar on the album Volume VIII by Fabrizio De André.

Between 1973 and 1975 La Bionda recorded two albums of acoustic ballads, Fratelli La Bionda srl (1973) and Tutto va bene (1975). "Tutto va bene" was recorded at the Apple Studios in London, and features Nicky Hopkins on piano.

La Bionda became popular when they turned to disco music. They moved to Munich, when they started recording under the pseudonym D. D. Sound (short for Disco Delivery Sound), a moniker that would accompany them for their entire recording career. Their first two disco singles, "Disco Bass" and "Burning Love", became international hits. They were followed by "Cafè" (1977) and "1, 2, 3, 4 Gimme Some More".

In 1978, they released their album, La Bionda. It included "Sandstorm" and "There for Me", as well as the worldwide hit "One For You, One For Me". "There for Me" was subsequently covered by other artists, including Sarah Brightman & Josh Groban, Dalida, Patty Pravo and Paul Potts. Jonathan King's cover version of "One for You, One for Me" reached the 29 spot in the UK charts at the end of 1978, outperforming La Bionda's original which had only reached number 54.

From 1978 to 1981, La Bionda continued to record more dance music, either under their name (as with the albums Bandido, High Energy and I Wanna Be Your Lover) or as D. D. Sound (as with the singles Cafe, The Hootchie
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQiYe_w78uA

A great song and greats song style it means a great set to play on your keyboard

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

•  

admin

:s_cool:
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil