Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[move][glow=red,2,300]I Can Help Billy Swan[/glow][/move]

also one of my favorite songs

[move][/move]
  •  

Hedis Roland BK-5

Hi Rob
Many thanks for your styles, sounds great, and so fun to play to.
Many of your styles are my taste.

Many thanks for your work, Kent from Sweden, Tyros5 :13: :13: :13:
  •  

montage

wow thank you i like it to make the people happy with music

and i am happy you enjoy yourself with my music

•  

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

William Lance "Billy" Swan (born May 12, 1942) is an American Country singer-songwriter, best known for his 1974 single, "I Can Help".

Swan was born in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. As a child, he learned drums, piano and guitar, and began writing songs. His first big break was in 1962 when Clyde McPhatter recorded "Lover Please", a song written by Swan when he was in a local band called Mirt Mirly & the Rhythm Steppers who had first recorded the song on Bill Black's Louis label.  McPhatter's version quickly became a No. 7 pop hit.
Swan moved to Memphis to work with Black, but this was cut short with Black's illness and subsequent death in 1965. He also for a time worked on Elvis Presley's Graceland estate. He then moved to Nashville, which enabled him to write hit country songs for numerous artists, including Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings, and Mel Tillis. In 1969, Swan first took on the role of record producer, producing Tony Joe White's Top Ten hit "Polk Salad Annie". Swan also played bass guitar for Kris Kristofferson and then signed a solo recording deal with Monument Records.

His first album included the song "I Can Help", a rockabilly number that topped the Billboard Hot 100 as well as the US and Canadian country charts in 1974, also becoming a hit in many other countries. Swan recorded the song in two takes (without overdubs) with an RMI organ that Kristofferson and singer Rita Coolidge had bought for him as a wedding gift. However, other albums with Monument, A&M, and Epic did not have nearly the success of his first.

In 1979, Swan traveled to Havana, Cuba, to participate in the historic Havana Jam festival that took place between March 2–4, alongside Stephen Stills, the CBS Jazz All-Stars, the Trio of Doom, Fania All-Stars, Weather Report, Bonnie Bramlett, Mike Finnegan, Kris Kristofferson, Rita Coolidge, and Billy Joel, plus an array of Cuban artists such as Irakere, Pacho Alonso, Tata Güines, and Orquesta Aragón. His performance is captured on Ernesto Juan Castellanos's documentary Havana Jam '79.

Swan continued to tour as a member of Kristofferson's band and recorded with Randy Meisner of The Eagles. In 1986 he walked into a California studio (Bench Records) as part of a band called Black Tie and along with Meisner, Jimmy Griffin († 2005) (Bread), David Kemper (drummer), David Miner, and David Mansfield recorded an album called When the Night Falls. He recorded another solo album, Like Elvis Used to Do in 2000, and another Black Tie-style album with Meisner and Charlie Rich, Jr. billed as "Meisner, Swan & Rich".  As of 2005, Swan remained a backing singer and session musician.

Swan was married to his late wife Marlu for 30 years. Marlu died on February 12, 2003, from cancer.[2] They had two daughters, recording artists Planet Swan and Sierra Swan.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elPwtbHmOJ4

Billy Swan - I Can Help

If you've got a problem, I don't care what it is
If you need a hand, I can assure you this
I can help, I've got two strong arms, I can help
It would sure do me good to do you good
Let me help

It's a fact that people get lonely, ain't nothing new
But a woman like you, baby, should never have the blues
Let me help, I've got two for me, let me help
It would sure do me good to do you good
Let me help

When I go to sleep at night, you're always a part of my dream
Holding me tight and telling me everything I want to hear
Don't forget me, baby, all you gotta do is call
You know how I feel about you, if I can do anything at all
Let me help, if your child needs a daddy, I can help
It would sure do me good to do you good, let me help

When I go to sleep at night, you're always a part of my dream
Holding me tight and telling me everything I wanna hear
Don't forget me, baby, all you gotta do is call
You know how I feel about you, if I can do anything at all
Let me help, if your child needs a daddy, I can help
It would sure do me good to do you good, let me help

"I Can Help" is a song written  and performed by Billy Swan. Released in July 1974, the song was a big crossover smash, reaching No. 1 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot Country Singles charts late that fall.

Although Swan had other charting singles on both the Hot 100 and country charts, the song is generally recognized as being Swan's only major hit single release.

However, Swan had continued success as a songwriter for other artists and as a session musician.
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD5HnHo7JbY

A Request for a make over of the beautiful song

I think it need some practice it is not so easy to play but when you can play the song wow he is really great

And the style is really good
  •  

Organplayer

I have make the demo for this song on My Genos so it will sound when you play the song

Klik on the link below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZfTX_n5j7e0XiclI79szFngAJzwFitw/view?usp=sharing

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]
  •  

admin

T4 - Billy Swan - I Can Help
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD

admin

I Can Help Ty
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil