Create Song Styles

Help With Creating Style in Style Works

Discussion started on Tips and Tricks on creating Song Styles

Help With Creating Style in Style Works
I have purchased Style Works to create styles from Midis for my BK7M.

Maybe because I have picked a two songs to start with that have unusual bass lines that are not able to be made into styles but for the life of me I cannot get anything to  come out sounding ok from a bass perspective for starters with my Main 1. ( both songs the basic initial bass riff)

I am wondering if anyone can have a look and try and produce something that sounds reasonable and tell me what is the trick. 

Alternatively perhaps Style Works wasn't the program to buy as it is old, so I am wondering if something like One Man Band which seems up to date and their support seems comprehensive, would be any better.

Maybe I should add I am using the Styles in a BK7M and I have the Roland version of Style Works.

#1 - September 02, 2016, 05:58:51 PM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:50:12 PM by chadsolo »

The following users thanked this post: kastelfan, PieterPan, toldo, bmarcill, tony2004, freakman, zsolticika, peleon_pl
Roland BK7m

Re: Help With Creating Style in Style Works
Here's my attempt at Strange Brew via Style Works XT

I had to modify " Note Lo-Lim-Hi"  down 10 ( not sure what it does but it seemed to make some difference) for the bass part to achieve something a bit closer to the underlying. i also changed the Harm. to H0 as it seemed to make sense as the bass line playing around relative to the underlying basic note.

The Muted guitar just doesn't seem to be hitting the correct notes, nor does the bass to my ear. I am aware that I am working in Style works  in C major as opposed to the actual key A .

Any feedback would be appreciated. Im not too worried about the choice of parts ,I can fine tune that later. I am more concerned with getting the style parts to play the right notes.

Cheers

#2 - September 03, 2016, 01:22:44 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: Megerle, bmarcill, tony2004, freakman, chadsolo
Roland BK7m

Re: Help With Creating Style in Style Works roland and yamaha

hello

here   my  style converted

ben
#3 - September 03, 2016, 02:17:17 AM
Attachments:

The following users thanked this post: Megerle, tony2004, tyros 5, chadsolo, Musicforever

Thanks for your files Ben. Unfortunately those conversions have the same issue I am talking about. The bass lines do not play right either in the variation parts in  style works or in the keyboard itself. The notes tend to gravitate to or repeat the root note of the chord, when in the song they are meandering around the root note. The same can be said of some of the accompaniment parts as well.

I am probably missing something about the limitations of midi conversions however so many songs I want to convert have bass lines that are non standard (i.e not staying on the root note) that I would really love to find a/the solution.
#4 - September 03, 2016, 09:15:42 AM
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:37:27 PM by chadsolo »

Roland BK7m

After not getting any further with Style Works XT I thought to try Midi2Style for the midi conversion on one of the tracks. I then converted the resultant Yamaha File to Roland with Style Works for my use with my BK7M.

Whilst not completely accurate re the bass line and the muted guitar part it sure sounded a lot better using Midi2Style and the result was more user friendly in terms of chording on the keyboard.

Anyway still looking how to get the bass notes/muted guitar more accurate if it is possible and anybody knows how but in the mean time I will post the results I got using Midi2Style.
#5 - September 03, 2016, 06:09:11 PM
Attachments:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:36:26 PM by chadsolo »

The following users thanked this post: bmarcill, tony2004
Roland BK7m

Chad
The nice thing about using Jorgen's Midi2style Software is, he is an active and valuable Member here and is more then willing to help everyone out........ Seeing that Jorgen is the Author/Developer, that is just about the "best" support you can get
We are all greatful that he is amongst us !

Psst.
Congrads on your first Medal  :D :D :D :D

Ron
#6 - September 03, 2016, 06:27:08 PM
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:28:56 PM by admin »

The following users thanked this post: chadsolo

Thanks for the info. I'll look forward to connecting with him.
#7 - September 03, 2016, 07:46:52 PM

Roland BK7m

quote:
The nice thing about using Jorgen's Midi2style Software is, he is an active and valuable Member here and is more then willing to help everyone out........ Seeing that Jorgen is the Author/Developer, that is just about the "best" support you can get
We are all grateful that he is amongst us !

Will this MIDI2STYLE software on the Korg PA900?
#8 - September 04, 2016, 04:22:05 PM

The only stupid questions are the questions that have not been asked.

Print

Members:

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...