Started by admin, January 19, 2017, 03:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

[move][glow=red,2,300]Complete songs in this topic from Doris day[/glow][/move]

01= By the Light Of Silvery Moon
02= If I Give My Heart To You
03= Que sera

Doris Day (born Doris Mary Ann Kappelhoff; April 3, 1922 or 1924 is a retired American actress and singer, and continuing animal welfare activist.

Day began her career as a big band singer in 1939. Her popularity began to rise after her first hit recording "Sentimental Journey", in 1945. After leaving Les Brown & His Band of Renown to embark on a solo career, Day started her long-lasting partnership with Columbia Records, which remained her only recording label. The contract lasted from 1947 to 1967 and included more than 650 recordings, making Day one of the most popular and acclaimed singers of the 20th century. She received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and a Legend Award from the Society of Singers. In 2011, she released her 29th studio album, My Heart, which debuted at No. 9 on the UK Top 40 charts. As of January 2014, Day is the oldest living artist to score a UK Top 10 with an album featuring new material.

In 1948, Day was persuaded by songwriters Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne and by Al Levy, her agent at the time, to audition for Romance on the High Seas, which led to a 20-year career in film. She became well known for her string of musicals with Gordon MacRae in the early 1950s, and later, romantic comedies with handsome leading men such as Clark Gable in Teacher's Pet (1958), Rock Hudson in Pillow Talk (1959), Lover Come Back (1961) and Send Me No Flowers (1964), Cary Grant in That Touch of Mink (1962), and James Garner in The Thrill of It All and Move Over, Darling (1963). She was ranked the biggest box-office star, the only woman appearing on that list in the era, for four years (1960, 1962, 1963 and 1964), ranking in the top 10 for ten years (1951–52, and 1959–66). She became the top-ranking female box-office star of all time and is currently ranked sixth among the top 10 box office performers (male and female), as of 2012.

Day received an Academy Award nomination for her performance in Pillow Talk, won three Henrietta Awards (World Film Favorite), and received the Los Angeles Film Critics Association's Career Achievement Award. In 1989, she received the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement in motion pictures. She made her last film in 1968.

Her strong commitment to animal welfare began in 1971, when she co-founded Actors and Others for Animals. She started her own non-profit organization in the 1970s, the Doris Day Animal Foundation and, later, the Doris Day Animal League (DDAL). Establishing the annual observance Spay Day USA in 1995, the Doris Day Animal League now partners with The Humane Society of the United States and continues to be a leading advocacy organization.

In 2004, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President George W. Bush in recognition of her distinguished service to the country. Day is retired from acting and performing, but has continued her work in animal rights and welfare causes.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7lCCO9aaQ

"By The Light of the Silvery Moon" or "By the Light of the Silv'ry Moon" is a popular song. The music was written by Gus Edwards, and the lyrics by Edward Madden. The song was published in 1909 and first performed on stage by Lillian Lorraine. It was one of a series of moon-related Tin Pan Alley songs of the era.

The song has been used in a great many television shows and motion pictures. A film of the same title was released in 1953, starring Doris Day. It served as a sequel to On Moonlight Bay, which also starred Doris Day.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: astor, luisil

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-y9LCOVgY

"If I Give My Heart to You" is a popular song written by Jimmy Brewster, Jimmie Crane, and Al Jacobs.

The most popular versions of the song were recorded by Doris Day and Denise Lor; both charted in 1954. Anne Shelton recorded a version for the UK market, but it lost out to the Day version, as well as one by Joan Regan which became the highest charting version in that country.

The recording by Doris Day was released by Columbia Records as catalog number 40300. It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on September 11, 1954. On the Disk Jockey chart, it peaked at #4; on the Best Seller chart, at #4; on the Juke Box chart, at #3.[1]

The recording by Denise Lor was released by Majar Records as catalog number 27. It first reached the Billboard magazine Best Seller chart on August 25, 1954 and lasted 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #13. Dinah Shore recorded the song for RCA Victor. Her version was listed as a co-best-seller in Cashbox magazine. Other co-best-sellers were Connee Boswell and the Wright Brothers. Nat King Cole also recorded a cover of this song for his 1954 EP Nat King Cole Sings: this EP peaked at #5 in the US.

A version by Kitty Kallen also charted in 1959. Ella Fitzgerald recorded this song in 1968 on her Columbia album, "30 by Ella". Later on the song was recorded by country singer Margo Smith in 1979, where it went to #10 on the Country charts.

The song was referenced in the 1986 film "Crocodile Dundee", when the title character, played by Paul Hogan, sang the parody lyrics "if i give my heart to you, i'll have none and you'll have two".

In 2008 the song was recorded by soul singer Solomon Burke on his album Like a Fire.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxoVRTwlNg

"Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)",  first published in 1956, is a popular song written by the Jay Livingston and Ray Evans songwriting team.  The song was introduced in the Alfred Hitchcock film The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956),  starring Doris Day and James Stewart in the lead roles.

Day's recording of the song for Columbia Records (catalog number 40704) made it to number two on the Billboard Hot 100  and number one in the UK Singles Chart. From 1968 to 1973, it was the theme song for the situation comedy The Doris Day Show, becoming her signature song. The three verses of the song progress through the life of the narrator—from childhood, through young adulthood and falling in love, to parenthood—and each asks "What will I be?" or "What lies ahead?"

The chorus repeats the answer: "What will be, will be." It reached the Billboard magazine charts in July 1956. The song received the 1956 Academy Award for Best Original Song with the alternative title "Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera)".  It was the third Oscar in this category for Livingston and Evans, who previously won in 1948 and 1950. In 2004 it finished at #48 in AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs survey of top tunes in American cinema.

The title sequence of the Hitchcock film gives the song title as "Whatever Will Be". It was a #1 hit in Australia for pop singer Normie Rowe in September 1965.
  •  

admin

•  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqx0KX--C8A

"Cuddle Up A Little Closer"

On the summer shore, where the breakers roar
Lovers sat on the glist'ning sand
And they talked of love while the moon above
And the stars seemed to understand
Then she grew more cold, and he grew more bold
Till she tho't that they had better go
But altho' he heard, he not even stirred
Only murmured in tones soft and low

Cuddle up a little closer, lovey mine
Cuddle up and be my little clinging vine
Like to feel your cheek so rosy
Like to make you comfy, cozy
'Cause I love from head to toesie, lovey mine

Then she deigned to rest on his manly chest
Her dear head with its flowing curls
And she said, "I'd stay on this lap for aye
How I envy the Capland girls!"
For Miss Esquimaux, 'mid the ice and snow
Has no steam-heat when he comes to call
Not a single glim, so it's up to him
To whisper in summer or fall

Cuddle up a little closer, lovey mine
Cuddle up and be my little clinging vine
Like to feel your cheek so rosy
Like to make you comfy, cozy
'Cause I love from head to toesie, lovey mine
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: astor

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vCjygOhzA

The music was written by Walter Donaldson, the lyrics by Gus Kahn. The song was published in 1922 and early popular versions were by Henry Burr (1922), Ernest Hare (1923) and Ben Bernie (also 1923).
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL87sHjXlVU

"Secret Love" is a song composed by Sammy Fain (music) and Paul Francis Webster (lyrics)  for Calamity Jane, a 1953 musical film in which it was introduced by Doris Day in the title role. 

Ranked as a #1 hit for Day on both the Billboard and Cash Box, the song also afforded Day a #1 hit in the United States. "Secret Love" has subsequently been recorded by a wide range of artists, becoming a C&W hit firstly for Slim Whitman and later for Freddy Fender, with the song also becoming an R&B hit for Billy Stewart, whose version also reached the Top 40 as did Freddy Fender's.  In the U.K., "Secret Love" would become the career record of Kathy Kirby via her 1963 remake of the song.  The melody is based on the opening theme of Schubert's A-major piano sonata, D.664.
  •  

admin

•  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7j8wa9sWOE

"Dream a Little Dream of Me" is a song, from circa 1931, with music by Fabian Andre and Wilbur Schwandt and lyrics by Gus Kahn.

It was first recorded in February 1931 by Ozzie Nelson and also by Wayne King and His Orchestra, with vocal by Ernie Birchill. A popular standard, it has seen more than 60 other versions recorded, with one of the highest chart ratings by Mama Cass Elliot with the Mamas & the Papas in 1968.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82VYlyr_Xpk

"I'll Never Stop Loving You" is a popular music song, with music written by Nicholas Brodzsky and lyrics by Sammy Cahn for the 1955 film Love Me or Leave Me. The song was published in 1955.

The recording by Doris Day was released by Columbia Records as catalog number 40505  It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on July 23, 1955. On the Disk Jockey chart, it peaked at #13; on the Best Seller chart, at #15; on the composite chart of the top 100 songs, it reached #93 (a misleading figure, because the top-100 list was started by Billboard after the peak of the song's popularity).

The song was nominated for the 1955 Academy Award for Best Original Song but lost to "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" from the film of the same name.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kZc20gU1Ak

"(I'm) Confessin' (that I Love You)" (also known as "Confessin'," "I'm Confessin'," and "Confessin' that I Love You") is a jazz and popular standard that has been recorded many times.

The song was first produced with different lyrics as "Lookin' For Another Sweetie," credited to Chris Smith and Sterling Grant, and recorded by Thomas "Fats" Waller & His Babies on December 18, 1929.

In 1930 it was reborn as "Confessin'," with new lyrics by Al Neiburg, and with the music this time credited to Doc Daugherty and Ellis Reynolds. Louis Armstrong made his first, and highly influential, recording of the song in August 1930,  and continued to play it throughout his career.

Other important recorded versions in the United States were done by Chester Gaylord (1930), Guy Lombardo (1930), Rudy Vallee (1930), Perry Como (1945), Les Paul and Mary Ford (1952), and Anne Murray (1993). The song was also a number one hit for Frank Ifield in the United Kingdom and Ireland in 1963.

Dizzy Gillespie recorded a version titled "Pop's Confessin'" in which he imitated the vocal style of Louis Armstrong.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eiHm6Peho

"I'll See You in My Dreams" is a popular song. It was written by Isham Jones, with lyrics by Gus Kahn, and was published in 1924. Originally recorded by Isham Jones and the Ray Miller Orchestra, it charted for 16 weeks during 1925, spending seven weeks at number 1. Other popular versions in 1925 were by Marion Harris; Paul Whiteman; Ford & Glenn; and Lewis James.

The song was chosen as the title song of the 1951 film I'll See You in My Dreams, a musical biography of Kahn.

Popular recordings of it were made by many leading artists including Cliff Edwards, Louis Armstrong, Pat Boone, Bing Crosby (recorded November 27, 1947),  Doris Day, Ella Fitzgerald, Mario Lanza, Tony Martin, Anita O'Day, The Platters, Ezio Pinza, Sue Raney, Jerry Lee Lewis (1958, instrumental), Andy Williams, and Linda Scott. A "Texas Swing" version of the song was recorded by Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys.
  •  

montage

This song is also a request . and not bad this song,  it is very old in the days of Doris day.

For this song i place a song style .

A Pdf and midi file also the midi file i make new . That is why my name is next to the midi file,

It means you can practice this song also with the midi file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUw125JMVFI
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ijcvw5IfdY

It Might as Well Be Spring" is a song from the 1945 film, State Fair. With music by Richard Rodgers and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song that year.

State Fair was the only original film score by Rodgers and Hammerstein. In the film the song was mimed by Jeanne Crain, who played Margy Frake, but was dubbed by Louanne Hogan. Dick Haymes, the original Wayne Frake, made the first hit recording of the song, released by Decca Records as catalog number 18706. It first reached the Billboard magazine Best Seller chart on November 8, 1945 and lasted 12 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5. It was the flip side of "That's for Me," another top-10 best seller.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MtzQDltr0

Tea for Two" is a song from the 1925 musical No, No, Nanette with music by Vincent Youmans and lyrics by Irving Caesar. It is a duet sung by Nanette and Tom (Louise Groody and Jack Barker) in Act II as they imagine their future. It was also sung by Doris Day and Gordon MacRae in the 1950 musical film, Tea for Two.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUw125JMVFI

"Sentimental Journey" is a popular song, published in 1944. The music was written by Les Brown and Ben Homer, and the lyrics were written by Bud Green.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil

admin

Lullaby Of Broadway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWRlr431Rw

"Lullaby of Broadway" is a popular song with music written by Harry Warren and lyrics by Al Dubin, published in 1935. The lyrics salute the nightlife of Broadway and its denizens, who "don't sleep tight until the dawn."

The song was introduced by Wini Shaw in the musical film, Gold Diggers of 1935,[1] and, in an unusual move, it was used as background music in a sequence in the Bette Davis film Special Agent that same year. It won the 1935 Academy Award for Best Original Song.
  •  

admin

•  

admin

Perhaps
  •  

admin

•