David Bowie

Started by leonegle, October 06, 2016, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonegle

Starman is a song written by the English artist David Bowie and released as a 45 rpm 14 April 1972.

fourth track and first single from the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, is considered one of the most influential songs of Bowie entire repertoire and at the time represented a turning point in his career, mainly due performance on Top of the Pops that over BBC 6 July 1972 and has been cited as an inspiration to a whole generation of artists.

Starman is on the 56th place in the ranking of the 100 best singles of all time according to New Musical Express, the 19th among the 100 songs that have changed the world of the monthly Q and the 65th among the best singles of all time in the British magazine Mojo.
  •  

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

[move][glow=red,2,300]Complete songs in this topic from David Bowie [/glow][/move]

01= the man Who sold the World
02= Lets Dance
03= Dancing in the Street
04= China Girl
05= Blue Jean
06= Starman

David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), known professionally as David Bowie (/ˈboʊi/), was an English singer, songwriter and actor.

He was a figure in popular music for over five decades, regarded by critics and musicians as an innovator, particularly for his work in the 1970s. His career was marked by reinvention and visual presentation, his music and stagecraft significantly influencing popular music. During his lifetime, his record sales, estimated at 140 million worldwide, made him one of the world's best-selling music artists. In the UK, he was awarded nine platinum album certifications, eleven gold and eight silver, releasing eleven number-one albums. In the US, he received five platinum and seven gold certifications. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.

Born in Brixton, South London, Bowie developed an interest in music as a child, eventually studying art, music and design before embarking on a professional career as a musician in 1963. "Space Oddity" became his first top-five entry on the UK Singles Chart after its release in July 1969. After a period of experimentation, he re-emerged in 1972 during the glam rock era with his flamboyant and androgynous alter ego Ziggy Stardust.

The character was spearheaded by the success of his single "Starman" and album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, which won him widespread popularity. In 1975, Bowie's style shifted radically towards a sound he characterised as "plastic soul", initially alienating many of his UK devotees but garnering him his first major US crossover success with the number-one single "Fame" and the album Young Americans. In 1976, Bowie starred in the cult film The Man Who Fell to Earth and released Station to Station.

The following year, he further confounded musical expectations with the electronic-inflected album Low (1977), the first of three collaborations with Brian Eno that would come to be known as the "Berlin Trilogy". "Heroes" (1977) and Lodger (1979) followed; each album reached the UK top five and received lasting critical praise.

After uneven commercial success in the late 1970s, Bowie had UK number ones with the 1980 single "Ashes to Ashes", its parent album Scary Monsters and Super Creeps, and "Under Pressure", a 1981 collaboration with Queen. He then reached his commercial peak in 1983 with Let's Dance, with its title track topping both UK and US charts.

Throughout the 1990s and 2000s, Bowie continued to experiment with musical styles, including industrial and jungle. He also continued acting; his roles included Major Celliers in Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (1983), the Goblin King Jareth in Labyrinth (1986), Pontius Pilate in The Last Temptation of Christ (1988), and Nikola Tesla in The Prestige (2006), among other film and television appearances and cameos.

He stopped concert touring after 2004, and his last live performance was at a charity event in 2006. In 2013, Bowie returned from a decade-long recording hiatus with the release of The Next Day. He remained musically active until he died of liver cancer two days after the release of his final album, Blackstar (2016).
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87tHmJEpz40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdvIDiDpAnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyFAnA9oPRE

[move][glow=red,2,300]David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World[/glow][/move]

We passed upon the stair
We spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there
He said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
A long long time ago

Oh no, not me
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world

I laughed and shook his hand
And made my way back home
I searched for form and land
For years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazley stare
At all the millions here
We must have died alone
A long long time ago

Who knows
Not me
We never lost control
You're face to face

Who knows
Not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA

[move][glow=red,2,300]David Bowie - Let's Dance[/glow][/move]

Hey baby, won't you take a chance?
If you want to, you can have a dance
Let's dance, let's dance
Do the twist and shout, mashed potato too
Any old dance that you want to do
Let's dance, let's dance

Hey baby, now you're all alone
Hey baby, let me walk you home
Let's dance, let's dance
Do the twist and shout, mashed potato too
Any old dance that you want to do
Let's dance, let's dance

Let's dance
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues
Let's dance
Dance to the song they're playing on the radio
Let's sway
While color lights up your face
Let's sway
Sway through the crowd to an empty space

If you say run, I'll run with you
If you say hide, we'll hide
Watch my love for you
It would break my heart in two
If you should fall into my arms
And tremble like a flower

Let's dance
Let's dance
Let's dance, let's dance
Let's dance, let's dance

Let's Dance is the fifteenth studio album by David Bowie. It was originally released in April 1983, three years after his previous album, Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps). Co-produced by Chic's Nile Rodgers, the album contains three of his most successful singles; the title track, "Let's Dance", which reached No. 1 in the UK, US and various other countries, as well as "Modern Love" and "China Girl", which both reached No. 2 in the UK. "China Girl" was a new version of a song which Bowie had co-written with Iggy Pop for the latter's 1977 album The Idiot. It also contains a re-recorded version of the song "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)", which had been a minor hit for Bowie a year earlier.
Let's Dance was nominated for the Album of the Year Grammy Award in 1984 but lost to Michael Jackson's Thriller. It has sold 10.7 million copies worldwide, making it Bowie's best-selling album.[5] It is Bowie's eighteenth official album release since his debut in 1967, including two live albums, one covers album (Pin Ups, 1973), and a collaboration with the Philadelphia Orchestra (1977).[6] At one point Bowie described the album as "a rediscovery of white-English-ex-art-school-student-meets-black-American-funk, a refocusing of Young Americans".[7] Let's Dance was also a stepping stone for the career of the Texas blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan, who played on it.[1] The album was released as a limited edition picture disc in 1983.
Critical reviews for Let's Dance as an album have been mixed, although Rolling Stone later described it as "the conclusion of arguably the greatest 14-year run in rock history".[8] Bowie felt he had to continue to pander to the new mass audience he acquired with the album, which led to him releasing two further solo albums in 1984 and 1987 which, despite their relative commercial success, did not sell as well as Let's Dance, were poorly received by critics at the time and subsequently dismissed by Bowie himself as his "Phil Collins years".[9] Bowie would form the hard rock and grunge-predecessor band Tin Machine in 1989 in an effort to rejuvenate himself artistically.
  •  

Ron Phillipchuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

[move][glow=red,2,300]David Bowie and Mick Jagger - Dancing in the Street[/glow][/move]

Ok, talk to you
South america, australia, france, germany, uk, africa

Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancing in the streets
They're dancing in chicago
Down in new orleans
In new york city

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
They'll be swinging, swaying, records playing,
Dancing in the street, oh

It doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl, everywhere, around the world
They'll be dancing, dancing in the street

It's an invitation across the nation, a chance for folks to meet
They'll be laughing and singing, music swinging
Dancing in the street

Philadelphia, pa
Baltimore in dc now
Don't forget the motor city
On the streets of brazil
Back in the ussr
No matter where you are

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
They'll be swinging, swaying, records playing
Dancing in the street, oh

It doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on every guy, grab a girl, everywhere, around the world
They'll be dancing, dancing in the streets

Way down in l.a., everyday
Dancing in the streets
Cross in china too
Me and you
Dancing in the street

Don't you know
They'll be dancing
Dancing in the street (repeat)

"" is a song written by Marvin Gaye, William "Mickey" Stevenson and Ivy Jo Hunter. It first became popular in 1964 when recorded by Martha and the Vandellas whose version reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and peaked at No. 4 in the UK Singles Chart. It is one of Motown's signature songs and is the group's premier signature song. A 1966 cover by the Mamas & the Papas was a minor hit on the Hot 100 reaching No. 73. In 1982, the rock group Van Halen took their cover of "Dancing in the Street" to No. 38 on the Hot 100 chart and No. 15 in Canada on the RPM chart. A 1985 duet cover by David Bowie and Mick Jagger charted at No. 1 in the UK and reached No. 7 in the US. The song was also covered by The Kinks, Grateful Dead and Black Oak Arkansas.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8IXx4tsus

[move][glow=red,2,300]David Bowie - China Girl[/glow][/move]

I could escape this feeling, with my China Girl
I feel a wreck without my, little China Girl
I hear her heart beating, loud as thunder
Saw they stars crashing
I'm a mess without my, little China Girl
Wake up mornings where's my, little China Girl
I hear her heart's beating, loud as thunder
Saw they stars crashing down
I feel a-tragic like I'm Marlon Brando
When I look at my China Girl
I could pretend that nothing really meant too much
When I look at my China Girl
I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone
It's in the whites of my eyes
My little China Girl
You shouldn't mess with me
I'll ruin everything you are
I'll give you television
I'll give you eyes of blue
I'll give you men who want to rule the world
And when I get excited
My little China Girl says
Oh baby just you shut your mouth
She says ... sh-sh-shhh

China Girl" is a song written by David Bowie and Iggy Pop during their years in Berlin, first appearing on Pop's debut solo album, The Idiot (1977). The song became more widely known when it was re-recorded by Bowie, who released it as the second single from his most commercially successful album, Let's Dance (1983). The UK single release of Bowie's version reached No. 2 for one week on 14 June 1983, behind "Every Breath You Take" by the Police, while the US release reached No. 10.
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTYvjrM6djo

[move][glow=red,2,300]"Blue Jean"[/glow][/move]

Blue Jean-I just met me a girl named Blue Jean

Blue Jean-she got a camouflaged face and no money
Remember they always let you down when you need 'em

Oh, Blue Jean - is heaven any sweeter than Blue Jean
She got a police bike
She got a turned up nose

Sometimes I feel like
(Oh, the whole human race)
Jazzin' for Blue Jean
(Oh, and when my Blue Jean's blue)
Blue Jean can send me
(Oh, somebody send me)
Somebody send me
(Oh, somebody send me)

One day I'm gonna write a poem in a letter
One day I'm gonna get that faculty together
Remember that everybody has to wait in line
Blue Jean-look out world you know I've got mine
She got Latin roots
She got everything
  •  

leonegle

Quote from: Leonardo on October 06, 2016, 01:02:46 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI66hcu9fIs

Starman is a song written by the English artist David Bowie and released as a 45 rpm 14 April 1972.

fourth track and first single from the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, is considered one of the most influential songs of Bowie entire repertoire and at the time represented a turning point in his career, mainly due performance on Top of the Pops that over BBC 6 July 1972 and has been cited as an inspiration to a whole generation of artists.

Starman is on the 56th place in the ranking of the 100 best singles of all time according to New Musical Express, the 19th among the 100 songs that have changed the world of the monthly Q and the 65th among the best singles of all time in the British magazine Mojo.
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_30HA7rec

"Fame" is a song recorded by David Bowie, initially released in 1975.

Written by Bowie, Carlos Alomar and John Lennon, it was a hit in North America, becoming Bowie's first number 1 single in the Canadian Singles Chart as well as the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song was one of the more successful singles of the year, ranking at number 7 on the Billboard Year-End Hot 100. It was less successful in Europe, reaching number 17 in the UK Singles Chart.

The song is one of four of Bowie's songs to be included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

leonegle

Ragazzo Solo, Ragazza Sola  - Space Oddity - David Bowie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVW7c1QsMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXSGocWifAg

Solo boy, solo girl is a piece of music written by the English artist David Bowie and published as 45 laps in Italy in February 1970.

The song is the Italian version of Space Oddity even if the text, written by Mogol, has no relevance to the original one.

In 1982 he was included in the unauthorized Bowie Rare collection and in 2015 in the CD Re: Call 1, released with the box set Five Years (1969-1973). It is also found in the soundtrack of the film Io e te directed by Bernardo Bertolucci.

In 2016, on the occasion of the Italian stage of the retrospective exhibition David Bowie Is at the MAMbo in Bologna, a limited edition single of Solo Boy, single girl with London Bye Ta-Ta as side B was released.

Towards the end of 1969, after Space Oddity had been published in Italy without a great sales response, Bowie and his entourage decided to try to enter the 45 rpm market with a version with the text translated into Italian. The words of the song, entitled Solo boy, single girl, were written by Mogol (mistakenly referred to as Ivan Mogul in the booklet attached to the "40th Anniversary Edition" of the album Space Oddity) but in reality they had little to do with the original ones since they told the story of a boy and a girl abandoned by their respective loves.

The recording was made at Morgan Studios in Willesden on December 20, with Claudio Fabi as producer and consultant for the Italian accent of David, who was convinced that the text had been translated faithfully, and the 45 laps was published by Philips Records in February 1970.

Even before the incident of Bowie, Solo Boy, single girl was entrusted to the group of Computers, under contract with the number one label of which Mogol was one of the founders. The piece was recorded with the arrangement of Gian Piero Reverberi and the 45 laps managed to get up to position n. 23 of the hit parade.
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
  •  

montage

Ron this is not the good song i also think David Bowie but it is Peter Schilling the tittle is almost the same

This is the correckt song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUgAj53jjYM
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YC3sTbAPcU

A Remake of this beautiful song and a song request

here the complete set
  •  

Ron Phillipchuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasaQvHCv4w

Wow a great song and A remake of this song

play it with feeling of the great Song Style if not the song will be not sound good so as the song must sound
  •  

Organplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbD_kBJc_gI

A great song a great Artist and a great style makes this a complete great set

And a Song Request
  •  

Organplayer

Geat song i love the music from this song  and a great song style make this a really good set and a Song Request

Space Oddity" is a song written and recorded by David Bowie. It was first released as a 7-inch single on 11 July 1969. It was also the opening track of his second studio album, David Bowie. It became one of Bowie's signature songs and one of four of his songs to be included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.[4]

Inspired by Stanley Kubrick's film 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968),[5] the song is about the launch of Major Tom, a fictional astronaut, and was released during a period of great interest in space flight. The United States' Apollo 11 mission would launch five days later and would become the first manned moon landing another five days after that.[6] The lyrics have also been seen to lampoon the British space programme,[7] which was and still is an unmanned project. Bowie would later revisit his Major Tom character in the songs "Ashes to Ashes", "Hallo Spaceboy" and possibly the music video for "Blackstar".

"Space Oddity" was David Bowie's first single to chart in the UK. It reached the top five on its initial release and received the 1970 Ivor Novello Special Award for Originality.[8] His second album, originally released as David Bowie in the UK, was renamed after the track for its 1972 re-release by RCA Records and became known by this name. In 1975, upon re-release as part of a maxi-single, the song became Bowie's first UK No. 1 single.[9]

In 2013, the song gained renewed popularity following its recording 44 years after Bowie by Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, who performed the song (with slightly revised lyrics) while aboard the International Space Station, and therefore became the first music video shot in space. In January 2016, the song re-entered singles charts around the world following Bowie's death, which included becoming Bowie's first single to top the French Singles Chart. The song also ranked as third on iTunes on 12 January 2016.[10]

🔍https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7Gm02z...sp=sharing

[move] [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ] [/move]
  •  

baz66

My version is on soundcloud 516869364
  •  

admin

Blue Jean
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luisil

admin

Let's Dance
  •  

admin

Let's Dance
  •