Chipz in Black

Started by montage, April 12, 2017, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montage

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Ch!pz were a Dutch pop music band. They targeted especially at a young audience. The group was formed in 2003, after several rounds of tryouts for the Fox Kids Network.

In the Netherlands, many radio stations did not play the Ch!pz' songs because most of the listeners found their songs too childish. However, thanks to promotions on Fox Kids, Ch!pz became one of the most well-known bands in the Netherlands. Within a year and a half, the band had had three singles at the top of the Dutch singles charts. All of their singles went straight to the number 1 position, except Captain Hook and their debut single Ch!pz in Black.

Their debut album The Adventures of Ch!pz was released in 2004 in the Netherlands, which went straight to number 1 in the Dutch album chart. In 2005, their second album, The World of Ch!pz was released. Singles from it include 1001 Arabian Nights, One, Two, Three! and Carnival, of which all peaked at the #1 position.

At the beginning of 2005, "Ch!pz in Black", the first single from Ch!pz released in Germany, and climbed to #2 on the German charts. Shortly thereafter, at the beginning of May 2005, their second single, "Cowboy", made it to the second place as well. A week later, it made it all the way to #1 position.

Their videos are all of the same style: The members of the band are in exotic surroundings, and they all wear similar styles of clothing (for example, in Ch!pz in Black, they all wear black outfits). As such, they overcome a horse thief in "Cowboy", aliens who kidnapped their fellow campers in "Ch!pz in Black", a magic lamp thief in 1001 Arabian Nights, and in One, Two, Three! they fight against their evil selves. All of this happens amidst clips of highly stylized dance moves, which inevitably defeat their enemies.

In April 2006, they released a new single in the Netherlands, Gangstertown. Two months after the release of the single, that peaked at #5 in the Dutch Top 40, an EP was also released, Past:Present:Future (Part 1). A music video was shot for "Waikiki Beach" too, but was never released on single. In late September, their latest single "One Day When I Grow Up" was released. The single entered the Dutch charts at #29 and climbed up to peak at #7. A second EP, Past:Present:Future (Part 2), was released in November 2006.

"Cowboy" was released in the United Kingdom on February 12, 2007, while "Ch!pz in Black" is now slated for a March 26 release.
In December 2007, they released a new song, "Make a big splash", entering at number 3.

After that, they made a TV programme named Chipz Dance Xperienz, in which they showed their choreographies. After that, to support the programme, in September 2008 they released "CDX" (Chipz Dance Xperienz), their new CD, preceded by the single "Dance Xperienz".
Ch!pz continued to tour during 2009 and 2010, their last concert being on November 27, 2010. During this time, plans for a new album "The New Adventures Of Ch!pz" was being planned and a new single was also in the works.

Unfortunately, the management did not think Ch!pz new album would be successful and instead decided to cancel the new releases. The members of Ch!pz attempted to gain rights to the Ch!pz name through legal battle but were unsuccessful.

Ch!pz disbanded following this, officially disbanding on January 1, 2011, with the official announcement following January 3, 2011
  •  

montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKsj0lzKz8

Chipz - Cowboy

[Chorus]
Cowboy, cowboy
Riding in a rodeo
Can I be the one for you
Cowboy, cowboy
Called my little romeo
Let me be your cowgirl too

When I see you
I shiver en shake
I want to be the one for you
You're my hero
And ride on a horse
Let me be the one for you

And every time look at you
I'm hoping that you will looking at me too
And every time I'm dreaming of you
I'm hoping that my dream will be come true

[Chorus]

When the sun set the prairie on fire
Will he be the one for me
Lord is burning you lied of eye
You can be the one for me

And every time I see your smile
You make me smile at you too
And every time you make me wild
I'm hoping that my dream come true

[Chorus: x2]

Cowboy, cowboy
Riding in a rodeo
Can I be the one for you cowboy, cowboy
Called my little romeo
Let me be you cowgirl too
  •  

admin

Midi - Chipz

Chipz In Black.TXT
Chipz In Black X9.mid
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •