Groove Theory

Started by admin, June 14, 2018, 09:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Groove Theory is an American duo, with former member, singer-songwriter Amel Larrieux and songwriter/producer/actor, Bryce Wilson.

The group is best known for their 1995 hit "Tell Me", which reached the top five of Billboard 's Hot 100 and the US Billboard R&B chart.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THtqUDitQ4I

Tell Me" is a 1995 song by the R&B duo Groove Theory.

The duo consisted of vocalist Amel Larrieux and producer Bryce Wilson. It reached its peak of number 5 on the Hot 100, and was the 65th and 58th most successful song on the American pop charts in 1995 and 1996 respectively. The song was the duo's biggest international success. It was a hit in Australia, peaking at number 6 on ARIA singles chart for three weeks in February 1996.  "Tell Me" was certified gold in Australia,  and was placed at #55 on the highest-selling singles of 1996 Australian chart.  You can compare the bassline to All Night Long by Mary Jane Girls and Risin' To The Top by Keni Burke. The single also peaked at #31 in the UK, and #14 in New Zealand.

In 2003, Raymond & Co wrote Playing Games which was melodicaly inspired by Tell Me. In 2017, Australian singer Starley, wrote "Touch Me", which was also heavily inspired by "Tell Me".
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •