Main Menu

Ottawan

Started by admin, June 11, 2017, 11:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Ottawan was a pop music duo, who had the hit singles "D.I.S.C.O." and "Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)" in the early 1980s. Fronted by Caribbean-born Jean Patrick Baptiste and Annette, they were masterminded by French producers Daniel Vangarde and Jean Kluger.

In 1979 Ottawan was founded by French record producers Daniel Vangarde and Jean Kluger and fronted by male singer Jean Patrick Baptiste and female singer Annette Eltice. Kluger and Vangarde had also scored hits with The Gibson Brothers and Sheila B. Devotion.

In the United Kingdom they had two Top 10 hits. "D.I.S.C.O." (the act's debut single) reached number two in September 1980, while "Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)" peaked at number three a year later. "Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)" reached #1 in New Zealand during 1982, staying there for eight weeks. In France, their single "You're OK" (French title "T'es OK") is one of the Top 50 best-selling singles of all time. The duo recorded in French as well as English.

Patrick Baptiste left the group soon afterwards and attempted a come back under the new name Pam 'n Pat, to little success. Ottawan continued as an act with varying line-ups for many years afterwards.

The Canadian band Sway had a #7 hit in Canada in 1988 with their cover of "Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)".

The Norwegian band Hype had a #10 hit in Norway and #7 hit in Finland in 1995 with their cover of "Hands up".

The Swedish band Army of Lovers had a #44 hit in Sweden in 2001 with their cover of "Hands Up".

The Israeli band The Young Professionals had a #53 hit in France in 2012 with their version of "D.I.S.C.O.".
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: calixte