2,500 compositions in 5 years, or 1.36 compositions for one day (1825 days).

Started by Ryszard, March 06, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryszard

2,500 compositions in 5 years, or 1.36 compositions for one day (1825 days).
       Hello, Colleagues and Colleagues
Today, the YouTube counter showed me a magic number to my name - 2,500. That's the number of improvised compositions on YouTube. :smiley-music021:
       The goal was reached ahead of time, as one month is missing for the full 5 years.
I published my first improvised composition on YouTube on April 4, 2013.
During this period of 1825 days, I used 137,000 own photographs (some of them were repeated in slide shows).
2,500 compositions are 13,750 minutes, or 229 hours and exactly 9,5 days.
       From the list it can be seen that if someone wanted to hear all my compositions, he would have to do it continuously for 9 and a half days.
     YouTube views:
A total of 232.000 views in 170 countries around the world on all continents.
     The more exotic ones include: Barbados, Guernsey, Antigua and Barbuda, Brunei, Faroe Islands, Nepal, Suriname, Macau, Sri Lanka, RĂ©union, Japan, Vietnam and, surprisingly, one display in China.
     All comments - 2373, positive grades 3300, negative ratings - 143.
Ask why composition only or up to 2,500?
    The answer is:
When in 2015 I bought the black Tyros 4 from the limited jubilee series (each issue has a written certificate of originality and is signed with the sequence number) I already had several hundred compositions on my YouTube account and decided that maybe I could create as much of my own compositions as black Tyros
       Yamaha released in the jubilee year (2,500 numbered instruments in 2012).
Today I can say that the intention has been successful and in the year in which I am 70 years old, I made a great gift, proving to myself and others that at any age you can do something unique.
       You can see that it is easier to produce 2,500 instruments than to create 2,500 compositions.
For years I have been active on foreign forums and I can say with all responsibility that people who create music are 0.1%, while the remaining 99.9% play music by presenting covers on YouTube.
       If you want to see what a huge task I have to face, I suggest you a "small" experiment. Try creating 10 improvised compositions in 7 days, save them on the hard drive of the computer, title them, add your own, selected photos and create a slideshow with your own musical background.
Post these YouTube shows with links on our Forum and wait for feedback and comments.
If you succeed and you will not be discouraged, I invite you to step two.
     Repeat this 10 times and you will have 100 compositions. If you succeed and you will not be discouraged, this is the next step for you.
     Repeat this 5 more times and you will have 500 of your own compositions on YouTube.
If it succeeds I invite you to step four. All you need to do is repeat 5 times and you will already have 2,500 compositions.

And I will add seriously that I'm happy that I managed what I intended. I checked my options, and that I really like to play, this result was created "inconclusively". Just like that.
     From these five years, three months "flew" me to stay in hospitals, two heart attacks and three cardiac surgeries, a stay in a sanatorium, then a hospital and a surgical operation.
      I have all this behind me and I know that Providence is watching over me. I am happy with each new day, I am happy that I live in such a beautiful world. Age, Dear Colleagues is just a number. What counts is the weather and a positive attitude to life and its problems.
      What am I going to do now?
I will slow the pace but I will still post new compositions on YouTube.
       I intend to interest my result, through the Polish record office, the editors of the Guinness Book of Records. And what will happen?
Regards
And this is a link to 2500 compositions:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAKQ13RkLj8

Ryszard

I apologize for language. I use an Internet translator.
Yamaha PSR 450, Roland BK-5 Ketron SD 5 and now Tyros 4 black edition...
  •  

MikeC

This is a remarkable story. The dedication you put into this effort is very admirable. This is to let you know how much I appreciated reading it. I am 62 years old, and your story will keep me going. From Cornwall, Ontario, Canada.

MikeC
  •  

Ryszard

Hi Mike:)
Thank you very much for your beautiful and kind words.
Age is not a limitation to do something spectacular.
You just have to want a lot.
Regards
Ryszard
Yamaha PSR 450, Roland BK-5 Ketron SD 5 and now Tyros 4 black edition...
  •