Lenny Welch

Started by admin, February 21, 2019, 09:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Lenny Welch
[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

He was born in New York and raised in Asbury Park, New Jersey. His biggest hit, a cover version of the big band standard "Since I Fell for You," reached number 4 on U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in 1963, selling a million copies.

His other hits included "Ebb Tide" in 1964, which was featured in the film Sweet Bird of Youth; "You Don't Know Me," and "Breaking Up is Hard to Do".

He also recorded the first vocal version of "A Taste of Honey" in 1962 and performed the theme to the 1967 CBS TV series Coronet Blue.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

Since I Fell For You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7xrQY_FLM4

"Since I Fell for You" is a jazz and pop standard. The blues ballad was composed by Buddy Johnson in 1945 and was first popularized by his sister, Ella Johnson, with Buddy Johnson and His Orchestra. In 1947, the song again became a hit for Annie Johnson and Paul Gayten, reaching number three on the R&B chart.

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD