Mel Carter

Started by admin, October 18, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Mel Carter (born April 22, 1939, Cincinnati, Ohio) is an American singer and actor. He is best known for his 1965 million-selling recording, "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me".

Carter recorded for Sam Cooke's SAR record label in the early 1960s. He had his first hit in 1962 at the age of 19 with "When a Boy Falls in Love", which was co-written by Cooke. At age 16 Carter studied singing with legendary vocalist Little Jimmy Scott.

By the time he reached his commercial peak with Imperial Records in the middle of the decade, he was specializing in pop ballads. His biggest success was the Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hit "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me," which reached Number 8 in 1965. It sold over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc.[1] He had a couple of other Top 40 entries over the next year, "Band of Gold" and "All of a Sudden My Heart Sings", as well as a few other easy listening sellers.

Carter appeared on the DVD of the PBS special, Doo Wop 51, recorded in 2001 performing his hit; he also appeared on another PBS special, Magic Moments: The Best of 50s Pop, performing a tribute to Billy Williams ("I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter") and Tommy Edwards ("It's All in the Game").

Carter later acted on television programs such as Quincy, M.E., Sanford and Son, Marcus Welby, M.D., The Eddie Capra Mysteries, CHiPs and Magnum, P.I., and in films such as Friday Foster (1975), Chesty Anderson, USN (1976), American Raspberry (1977) and Angel (1984).
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •  

admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKturN4Beyg

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" is a popular song written by Harry Noble and originally performed by Karen Chandler in 1952. It has been re-recorded several times since then, with the most notable covers being by Mel Carter in 1965 and by Gloria Estefan in 1994.

The version most often associated with the song was recorded by Mel Carter, released in 1965 on Imperial. Carter's version spent 15 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at No. 8, while reaching No. 1 on Billboard's Easy Listening chart,  No. 2 on Canada's "RPM Play Sheet", and No. 4 on Canada's CHUM Hit Parade.
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.
MacBook Pro  32 GB  1 Terabyte SSD
  •