Main Menu

Mango

Started by Geno, March 06, 2017, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

Giuseppe Mango, known simply as Pino Mango Mango or (Lagonegro, November 6, 1954 - Policoro, December 8, 2014), was a songwriter, musician and Italian writer.

Known for its style that blends pop and rock with folk and world music sounds, combined with an instrumental use of voice, a compositional structure based on joints and a fine use of rhythmic, has been defined by the music critic Mario Luzzatto Fegiz as a " authentic innovator of Italian pop music. "

Mango has also written songs for various artists including Patty Pravo, Andrea Bocelli, Loretta Goggi, Mietta and Loredana Berte, some of them in collaboration with his brother Armando. His songs have been interpreted by Italian and international artists such as Mina, Mia Martini, Leo Sayer, Hélène Ségara and Eleutheria Arvanitaki.

Throughout his career he sold five million records.

In the early seventies Mango went to Rome seeking to pursue a professional career. Waiting to take the exam at SIAE knows Renato Zero, who, after listening to her songs, she presented him to Franco Migliacci, Italian manufacturer of RCA. Under the guidance of Silvano D'Auria, the first to notice its potential, Mango records for RCA album My girlfriend is very hot, published in October 1976. Two songs included in the album, For you who I open the universe and I am Thou rain, attract the attention of Patty Pravo, reinterpreting them in the album So, even changing the title of Tu rain For I am in love with love.  Even Mia Martini is attracted by Mango melodies and recorded their own version of If I just reach in the album What you want it ... if thee waited so long.

In 1977 Mango appears in the program Step 16 - Zero & Co. with Renato Zero, interpreting the song my Unquestionably, renamed later on this earth only mine and contained in his debut album  . In the same year he recorded on 45 rpm, for the record company Number One, two tracks: Air Wires and Almost love, never included on any album  . The next year will be engraved a new 45 rounds with two other songs: A dance and do not expect. In 1979, presenting itself artistically as Pino Mango, public Harlequin where, among the prominent songs, there are Harlequin, Angela now and Feeling, the latter also recorded by Patty Pravo and later by Mietta.

In 1985 he participated in the Sanremo Festival in the category "New Proposals" with the song The trip, getting the critics' prize, although without passing the turn to the final; the piece is inserted in the album Australia. In the same year he wrote and produced all the songs of Blues Time, the debut album by Laura Valente, who will be his partner for life. In 1986 returns to San Remo, bringing four songs, one of which as an interpreter and three as the author: Alberto Salerno writes with the opening song of the Sanremo Festival, I am born (sung by Loretta Goggi and recorded for the first time in Mango collection of 1999 Viewed this way); also is the author of Re song, Loredana Berte with which he performs for the first time on the stage of the Ariston (arousing the famous scandal for her performance in maternity version  ) and No Pain, written and presented by Anna Bussotti in the "New Proposals" section. As a performer, finally, participates in the category "Big" with the piece you will be that although you only grade to 14th place, soon becomes one of the most representative songs of his discography. The track is added to Odyssey, the turning point album of Mango, who won a gold record and with the participation of keyboardist Brian Auger, a prominent figure of the sixties and seventies rock years. In the same year he won the Telegatto as revelation of the year.

Participate again in the Sanremo Festival in 1987, with the part of the heart on, who finished in eighteenth position. In the same year he released the album now, which contains the aforementioned From the heart on, along with one of the most famous songs of Mango: Beautiful Summer, written by Lucio Dalla. The album wins 3 gold records in 5 months and is also published outside the national borders, driving significant findings especially in Spain, where he is at the top of the charts; It decides, well, to publish the album in Spanish with the name of Ahora, which is the first single Flor de Verano (Hispanic version of the summer Beautiful), which reached the top spot in the Spanish standings Los 40 Principales the April 30, 1988.

In 1990 Mango Sirtaki public, his best-selling album. Before the release of the disc participates in Sanremo with the song ... it means that, in the same edition, is also interpreted by the British singer-songwriter Leo Sayer under the title The moth and the flame. The song, along with the B-side But what music is, appears only in summer CD version of the album, along with the single version of its driving song In my city, which opens the album with a longer version. The single How the Mona Lisa and Ma as red cherry contribute to the success of the album, reaching the figure of 500,000 copies sold in Italy, also obtaining, in Riva del Garda, the Golden Sail Award [5]. Also on this disc is published the same name version in Spanish in 1991. In the same year the singer writes three songs for Mietta, included in the album Fly pages: Besides you, Never Alone, And no (what you are).

The album Like Water of 1992 confirms the success of Mango as part of the Mediterranean pop; Mediterranean is just the individual who is the driving force, again with lyrics by Mogol. The album was a great success, and over 400 000 copies. In 1994 he changed record company: the EMI is published Mango, in which stands the Giulietta song, written together with Pasquale Panella.

Where to go out in 1995, the first live album of Mango, registered in Bologna and containing two new songs: Where are you going, presented at Sanremo and awarded as best arrangement of the song festival and I sigh, both arranged by Rocco Petruzzi. In 1997 the artist returned to Fonit Cetra, I believe publishing, selling a total of 150,000 copies. To make this album, Mango makes use of international artists such as Mel Gaynor (Simple Minds drummer) and David Rhodes (Peter Gabriel's guitarist), always with the arrangements of Rocco Petruzzi. The title track is also in English.

1998 sees Mango still participate in Sanremo and along with Zenima, presents the song Light that reaches the 6th place in the standings. The song was revived in the English language in the reprint of I, entitled I 2. In 1999 happens again a change of record company and with the WEA is published the first and only official collection: Viewed this way, containing two new songs composed with his brother Armando and with Pasquale Panella: Love for you and do not sleep more. Love for you is chosen as the theme song of the soap opera Free to love (1999). The album won 4 platinum records for the more than 400,000 copies sold.
  •  

Geno

Lei Verrà - Mango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNNzEPmNsI

You will / Show is a 45s Italian pop singer Mango, published in 1986 by the record Fonit Cetra.

The songs were written by Mango with Alberto Salerno. "She will come" is presented in 1986 at the thirty-sixth Festival of Italian Song. The song is ranked fourteenth place of the list but it becomes a great success record, winning the gold record and reaching the fourth position of the best-selling singles.

"She will" was used for the opening scenes of the film Riding the Tiger (2002) by Carlo Mazzacurati, with Paola Cortellesi.
  •  

Geno

Bella d'estate -  Mango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLMJfXPEQf8

Beautiful northern summer / Star is a single Mango Italian pop singer, published in 1987 as a 45 rpm record label Fonit Cetra.

The album was a great success, ranking in August of 1987 to the fourth position of the best-selling singles in Italy.

Beautiful summer, a song written by the artist Lucio Dalla, is a downtempo rarefied atmosphere that makes extensive use of electronic keyboards. It is presented at the Festivalbar, becoming one of the great successes of the summer and being still considered one of the most representative songs of the 80's.

In 2008 he was always sung by Mango, but in the duet together with Blacks for Case (this version will be published later in the album different angles)
  •